Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Request for a titration schedule

[da...]

I am currently on 1200 mgs of gabapentin a day.  My capsules are 300 mgs each, and take 4 a day. Actually sometimes I only take 3 - yesterday I just shined on the 3 o'clock dose with no consequences and also I usually only take the 4th if I wake up in the middle of the night.  I don't know if that is good or bad.  ???  I have plenty of capsules, so no need to hurry.

Thank you!!

DaBoof -

Colin will need the following information in order to create a schedule for you.  Your starting date needs to be at least 2 days after your request to allow Colin the time he needs.

Start date: when you would like your titration to start.

Dose: the dose you anticipate you be taking at the start date (in mgs). - in your case, 1200mg/day, divided into 4x/day.

Tablet dose: the dose of your individual tablets. - in your case 300mg

Number of tablets: the total number (and/or fractions) of tablets you take per day. Examples: 2 tabs; 2.5 tabs; 0.75 tabs. These are the number of tablets (not doses), and the tablets used must be of the same dosage (strength). -in your case, 4 tablets/day of 300mg each.

Taper rate: if you are unsure, ask for the input of others. The majority of people probably titrate at a rate of about 10% of their dose every 7-14 days. If you are unsure of where to start, and unless you have good reason to think you need a particularly slow taper, 1% per day is probably a good starting point. The taper plan can be altered later if need be.

Cylinder details: I will need to know the size of the cylinder you are using (100ml is recommended).

I will also need to know that size of the marked increments. Just make sure that there enough increments for the given cylinder to ensure that the pill can be divided into small fractions (100ml cylinder with 1ml increments is always fine; 100ml with 2-5 increments is probably fine; 50ml with 5ml increments is not very useful). If you are using very large dose pills (for your given benzo), such as 10mg Valium or 2mg Xanax, you will absolutely need lots of increments. This usually means a 100ml cylinder with 1ml increments.

Hi Daboof,

We only draw up schedules for benzos (and z-drugs). You find out from other resources about gabapentin withdrawal. However, I am willing to help you understand how we use titration to make small reductions to dose, so that u  draw up your own schedule.