Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Need help with titration Please

[sk...]

Am I the only one that's ever reinstated after doing a c/t to have such difficulties?

Thanks again for the info and understanding :)

[/quote

No, you're not the only one.  :)

One of the reasons not being able to grasp this quickly is bothering you is because you know it's not the real you.  And it's ok, the 'real you' will show up again soon.  :)

We tend to accept others better than we can accept ourselves.

Thanks Annie and TS,

you won't believe this but I only now just found out how to find the last posts link, sheeesh.

Thanks Colin,

I do have a question. I notice some people drop from .5mg without titration. Is this only done with the Valium or is it done with other meds also. Just wondering and thanks again.

Thanks Colin,

I do have a question. I notice some people drop from .5mg without titration. Is this only done with the Valium or is it done with other meds also. Just wondering and thanks again.

hi skooter,

Yes, it's usually only done with valium.  0.5mg of valium is not nearly as potent as 0.5mg of klon, xanax or ativan. For the purposes of tapering, 1mg klon or xanax is equivalent to 20mg valium.

Here are the other equivalencies. (scroll down)  http://www.benzobuddies.org/buddiesguide/tables

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm back :)

Eljay, thanks for the info. I had thought tho that .5mg of C was equivalent to 10mg of Valium so a little confuse with that one.

I seem to be having a hard time with cutting my pills in 1/4's. I only have the 2mg of C and I'm sure my cuts are way off when cutting the dang little pill into another half of a half. I was wondering if I should or could put a half, 1mg of C into 200 ml of water and take out twice as much at a time, and then use this amount for 2 days? Does anyone think this might be better for me? I'm just having an awful time with the whole body being numb/tingling, crawling skin etc. And I feel I'm having manic episodes, be it they're short in duration but still out of my character completely. Any thoughts and suggestions are much appreciated and I also want to say I am VERY thankful to all who continue to run this board for us poor lost souls trying to cope with such a travesty of s/x's. :smitten:

Twice as much med into twice as much liquid makes the same concentration so you would use the same amount of solution not twice as much. 

Is this what you wanted to know?

Also skooter,

How many times a day do you dose? If only once, you might want to consider splitting your dose and taking half every twelve hours. Klonopin has a half life of 18 hours. Spreading your dose out over the day will keep your blood levels more even and may reduce some of your symptoms. 

Ok I'm confused again :idiot:

I don't want to updose, but my cuts are not exact with cutting the half pill into halves. So doesn't it make sense if you use the half of a 2mg, 1mg and put it into 200ml solution and then draw out twice as much as I'm at now, to then have a more even amounts during the day?

I take 3 doses. 3 times a day. noon, 6pm and midnight.  :crazy:

Thanks

Let's go back and explain it all to this feeble mind.

You have 2 mg tablets. 

You are dividing them into 4 pieces to get approximately 1/2 mg for the day which you are titrating. 

You are using 100 ml of liquid. 

You toss part of that solution and divide the rest into 3 doses for the day.

You are proposing taking 1/2 of a 2 mg tablet and using 200 ml of liquid. 

Please correct what I have wrong. 

Yes Annie, and you're not no feeble minded brain!!!!

I think that's what I mean. If I put the 1mg in 200ml and use that for 2 days of doses I'm thinking I might get a better cut as I just can't cut the 1mg into halves again correctly. One is always bigger than the other and not getting an exact dose each day.

Thank you Annie  :)

So now you are doing 1/2 mg in 100 ml water. 

You can use 1 mg in 200 ml water for 2 days but don't double the amount of the doses. 

For example, if you are supposed to be taking 75 ml today for your taper, you will continue from 75 ml with this new scheme.  Do not double that to 150 ml (you would run out the next day).   

I think we are getting on the same page now.

This is twice as much med as one day so use over 2 days - yep.