New guy, just started Klonopin taper

[Le...]

Hi Leben,

I can so understand your frustration of not feeling well. Just know that one day soon you will be back to your normal self. Thanks for that link, I knew it had to have something to do with my increased glycemic symptoms. I am so much better already since jumping off!

T2 :smitten:

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to give you all an update on my taper. About a week ago I made the cut down to .125 per day and I was doing so well I couldn't even believe it. For some reason this was turning out to be my easiest cut thus far. I really felt like I was almost out of the woods.

Then I came down with a bladder infection. Who knows how this came about. I have never had one before. My doctor put me on a 2 week course of Bactrim, twice a day, which I started on 2/18. Yesterday, 2/19, around 5 pm, about 6 hours after I took my .125 of Klonopin, I began to have the absolute worst symptoms that I have had since beginning my taper. It was absolutely HORRIFIC.

After about 4 hours of no relief, scaring the crap out of my girlfriend, who almost brought me to the emergency room, and essentially giving my last testament, she finally reached into my pill bottle and gave me another .125. Within a half hour I was relaxed and living again.

Today I woke up feeling absolutely terrible. I am guessing here that the Bactrim somehow accelerated my withdrawal symptoms to the extreme. I still feel badly but I don't feel like there is anything else I can do but finish this antibiotic. I have decided to go back up to .125 twice a day until the two week course is done. I hope that is enough of an increase to stabalize me. I want to get off these benzos more than anything but I don't want to have a chronic infection when I am done.

This has been so discouraging. I feel like so much progress is lost. And on top of that I feel terrible again too. I haven't felt this bad in weeks. And now I am back to being all paraoid that I have screwed myself up again indefinately. My wrist hurts just typing.  :'(

Hope you all are having a better day than I am.

Hi Leben,

I am so sorry you have had this infection throw a wrench in your taper. It is better to feel a little better while getting the infection taken care of. Don't feel so bad, it will only set you back a couple weeks. Make sure you drink plenty of water now and until the end of your taper. Hope you feel better soon!

T2 :smitten:

Hey Leben,

Just a little set back, but you'll be back soon. I'm just glad that you felt better after taking another .125mgs. That was actually a very smart thing to do. You can't ignore a bladder infection, it will only get worse. The only thing to do is to take the antibiotic. Hopefully, even while you are on the antibiotic, your symptoms will level out again. Thanks for the update on your taper!!

Lori :smitten: