Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Re: The information needed for your titration schedule:

[fl...]

Thank you so much for your support and your informed information.  I really don't understand what you mean by titration as opposed to taper.  I am presently taking 1.75-2mg. of klonopin per day.  I want to go very slowly, so the valium taper appeals to me.  I think my doctor will help me with whatever method I choose.  I have recently spoken to an American addictionogist/psychiatrist who likes to valium method.

I will not be starting the taper for a couple to weeks because I am coming off of trazadone first.  I have terrible abdominal pain (diagnosed as "ibs").  I am suffering terribly.  Could it be the klonopin.  My brother is a doctor and he thinks I need to get off all these drugs.  He suggested the trazadone first, and my GI doctor agreed. Therefore, I won't be starting my withdrawal for three weeks.  But I would like to have all the information necessary to do this successfully.  I can't fail again.

It was so painful the last time, and I am hoping a slow taper will reduce some of the withdrawal effects.  Is there no way around protracted withdrawal?  Will I ever be able to sleep without these pills or other drugs that have terrible side effects?

I would love to be drug free.  Is that possible?

Hi fleur,

Here is a link to your first post... http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=11555.0 if you want to post again. Valium is the preferred benzo to taper from but not all people do well on it and most doctors will not prescribe it. It is good that you have a doctor willing to work with you. Many here suffer with IBS symptoms from withdrawing from benzos. If you read The Ashton Manual, there is a section that discusses the many things that benzos affect including the digestive system. As long as you do a slow taper, you should not have the horrific w/d symptoms that you had when you went to detox. Titration involves crushing your daily dose of pills, mixing it in with milk and removing a small amount of liquid every day to minimize w/d symptoms.

Let us know when you are ready to taper and we can help you along with your doctor.

T2 :smitten: