GABA suppliments

[Mc...]

Does anyone know about taking GABA suppliments to help getting off the benzos? In my case I am going to try to come off lorezepam 1.5-2mg I take at night. I have some GABA that are 200mg strength add the daily dose recommended is 400mg daily. Thanx,McCune.

GABA supplements will not do much of anything, simply due to the fact that it cannot cross into the brain. It's considered on of the more useless supplements to use because of this fact.

There is conflicing info on the use of GABA supplements.  I tried them and they didn't seem to help me any.  But everyone is different. 

Petey makes one point, but I have read an opposing thot on that.  Each person's experience is unique, therefore, there will be opposing views.

I am a supporter of supplements but have found that during benzo w/d they are best to stay away from...at least for me. 

I support supplements as well, but GABA is one that I tend to find more bad information on. However, the one thing I do find is that it cannot chemically cross the brain barrier - meaning it can't interact with GABA on a level that a benzo could, hence making it vastly ineffective. Granted, supplements can be a YMMV type fiasco, but GABA is one I can't recommend...

Fish oil, whey protein, and chamomile, however, I'm all over. :)

Thanx everyone for your info about GABA. I went to a center not long ago for 4 weeks that used high dose vitamins, minerals, IV b,s, B12 shots,etc. that somewhat helped me cut back on my benzo use, but the withdrawl (that I am just beginning to understand more recently) was so bad that I came home 2 weeks early. I am left with several bottles of products that I couldn't tell you if they made a difference or not. I do agree that I won't be giving up my fish oils and I recently got sleepy time tea. For me the less pills I need to take the better in big part due to my poor digestion and it's just to much distraction form what I need to be focusing on. Again, thank you!