Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Buddie Blogs are now members-only.

[Ho...]

Hi everyone,

We've been asked many times about making Buddie Blogs a members-only space, inaccessible to guests.

I'm happy to say that as of now, Buddie Blogs is a members-only board, but guests will continue to have access to most of the rest of the BenzoBuddies forum.

I'd like everyone to understand what I mean by "members-only". Anyone who is a BB member can still read Buddie Blogs. However, those who aren't members (eg. family and friends of BB members), can no longer view buddie blogs, if not logged into the forum.

I know we've had a few members in the past who have asked that their blog be removed. They started their Buddie Blogs at the time when Buddie Blogs were public to anyone on the internet. We have honoured their request to remove their blogs. However, there is a chance that these blogs might be able to be recovered. This might not be true for all, however if you would like me to look into recovering your blog, please contact me at the help desk or via PM.

I hope knowing that your Buddie Blogs are now members-only, gives you more of a sense of security.

Hope

[54...]

Well that is a good decision I never wanted my dirty laundry aired to the world.  When I started my blog i didnt realise the world was watching my washing now Im glad its only my fellow bb's.

thanks

Lizzy

You're welcome, Lizzy. I was happy to do it. I know there have been many that wanted this for a long time.

Dear Colin, Hope and all admins and mods:

Thank you very much for this decision. I know it will give peace of mind to those of us here who had concerns...................hopefully we will see more of us feeling free to open up on our blogs.

I am constantly amazed at the thoughtful care and hard work that goes into adminstering to this free and life saving/affirming forum!

Love,

M.  :)

That is excellent news!  Thank you to you and the team for making it all possible! 

All the best,

Greenstone

Thank you for this and all the ongoing work that you and the team are doing behind the scenes to make BB a safer community for us all, I really did not know that everything I wrote here at BB was out there for the www to see until after I joined :thumbsup:

I'll throw my hat in the Thank You ring.  I feel better about my posting now.  I'm not ashamed about anything that I have written, but I do feel that it is more for the eyes of those that truly understand where I'm coming from. 

Appreciate this act of moderation decision (does that make sense?) You know what I mean.

Thank you, Sally

You're very welcome. I know this has been something our members have been asking for. I'm glad I could make this happen.  :thumbsup:

I should mention that we still require that you not post any personal or potentially identifying information on your Buddie Blogs. They can still be read by the wider BenzoBuddie membership and you never know who will see it.

All of our general forum rules still apply.

Thank you for adding that wise reminder Hope! It is so easy to feel comfortable here!! And that may sometimes lead to easily telling or posting something that is too personal like family photos or real names.

M.  :smitten:

There are a few place like - the way back machine - not promoting, but wanted you to be able to look it up, that archive old web pages, you can check in there and like spots to check up on whats still out there too. Looking up terms like -internet archive pages- may help find such archive sites....

Anything that's been indexed by search engines or archived by sites like thewaybackmachine, are still out there and accessible. Meaning, the changes to Buddie Blogs (members-only), is not retroactive. So, anything that was written before Bubbie Blogs were made members-only (before July 24, 2012, 6:35 GMT), is still available through sites such as thewaynsckmachine.

All new entries made since the time that Buddie Blogs were made members-only, are inaccessible to search engines and thewaybackmachine.