Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Titration question

[no...]

I am on xanax .5 3x a day. No, I was on that.  On second cut which brings me to 2.25?  Would it use more pills to titrate or more pills to ry cut?  Also with xanax would it be worth it?  Would it make the symptoms not as bad as dry cutting?  How far down should one be to start titrating.  I am sorry to sound so wishy washy.  I don't know which method would be best.  What is the throwing part of the mixture away? How does ml relate to mg?  I am sorry to be asking so many questions but with my fuzzy brain if I don't write as soon as I think of it it blows by like the wind.

I am on xanax .5 3x a day. No, I was on that.  On second cut which brings me to 2.25?  Would it use more pills to titrate or more pills to ry cut?  Also with xanax would it be worth it?  Would it make the symptoms not as bad as dry cutting?  How far down should one be to start titrating.  I am sorry to sound so wishy washy.  I don't know which method would be best.  What is the throwing part of the mixture away? How does ml relate to mg?  I am sorry to be asking so many questions but with my fuzzy brain if I don't write as soon as I think of it it blows by like the wind.

Hi NHC,

I think you mean that you are down to 1.25mg total daily? That would be 2 X .50mg and 1 X .25mg per day? Most people start titrating when w/d symptoms become too difficult to make the dry cuts. This usually occurs when they are down to 1.0mg, .50mg or .25mg. but titration can be done at anytime. It is different for everyone when it becomes too difficult. As far as throwing the mixture away, for example if you were titrating with 100ml worth of solution and you were titrating at 1ml per day, you would be throwing out 1ml the first day, 2ml the second day, etc. Colin will be along and give you more specific answers regarding ml to mg as this equates to how much solution you would start out at.

T2 :smitten: