Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Finally Ready, please help me with a titration schedule !!

[fr...]

I know it's been a few months since I first visited the site and decided to use the titration method to get off the clonazepam but I just now have got the courage to do it and was really hoping you would make me a tapering schedule.

I have my pill crusher and am picking up my 100ml measuring cylinder in a couple of days. I would like to start as soon as you have the time to set up the schedule so my starting date will not matter. If you need a specific date; Dec 1st would be easy to remember.

I am currently taking 0.5 mg in the morning and 0.5 mg in the evening and have been on this schedule for 16 years.

Still nervous so I would like to go as slow as possible with your schedule. So Much thanks in advance,

Tony

Note to Colin: Freedom66 has .5mg tablets and wants to taper at a rate of 10% every 2 weeks.

Edited by Beeper to add Note

HI, Tony. Welcome Back!  ;D

I know Colin will want to know the strength of your individual pills (.5mg? 1mg?) and a taper rate.  You can always go slower or faster but you need to start somewhere.  If you want to go at a snail's pace, a 5% reduction every 2 weeks would do that. A more usual (and safe) schedule is 10% every 10-14 days. It's totally up to you.

Titration is the gentlest way I know to get off of a benzo.  I used the dry cutting method and kicked a nearly 20 year habit of 2-3mg/day lorazepam in July of this year.  If I can do it dry cutting, you can do it using titration.  :thumbsup:

Hey Beeper,

Thanks for the "Welcome Back"  ;)

The pills are 0.5 mg (orange ones). I take one in the morning and one at bedtime.

10% every ten to fourteen days sounds good to me if that's the usual way.

Thanks for letting me know you kicked a twenty year habit Beeper....it gives me hope,

Tony

Sorry to be a pest, but you'll need to choose 10 days or 14 days.  ::)

No problem Beeper,

Since I am still on the nervous side, 14 days sounds good  ;)

Hi Freedom,

Let me know when you are ready. I can usually draw up a plan within a day or two. If I don't hear from you about a date, I'll use Dec. 1st, as you suggested.

Hi Colin,

Thanks for getting back to me so fast. Man, I just realized that I would like to start on my day off which is Sunday of each week. So any chance in a start date of November 16th instead?

Post Note, I really wish I had come and asked you sooner as I just realized tomorrow is remembrance day (that would have been a cool day to start on). No that's not a hint, I realize you have to take time with these schedules; just rambling.

Thanks again Colin for making this up for me, it's is really appreciated. :thumbsup:

Tony

Seriously,

I am ready friend....Let's go for it  ;D

Thanks !!!

(I didn't realize how late I was getting back to you  :'( But I don't get up until noon tomorrow so maybe I will be lucky and you will have had time to do it) If not, I will just have to wait.

Happy Remembrance Day Colin,

Tony

Hi Freedom,

Here's your schedule: http://www.benzobuddies.org/spreadsheets/tt-freedom66-2008-11-11.html

Add the following code to your signature line:

[url=http://www.benzobuddies.org/spreadsheets/tt-freedom66-2008-11-11.html][u]My Titration Schedule[/u][/url].

You will titrate just one of your pills at a time. Just split your pill and liquid into as many separate does as you need over the day.

Let us know if you have any questions.