Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Slight Mania with My Klono Taper - What's Going On?

[or...]

Per my taper schedule (I couldn't figure out how to add the schedule to my signature, sorry Colin) I have been taking a beginning taper dose of 69 ml from 8/28 - 9/1.  I took my first reduced dose of 68 ml starting 9/2.

On 9/3 (yesterday) I was experiencing considerable amounts of physical energy, slightly racing thoughts, and noticeable increase in anxiety levels.  My nerves felt over-tweaked.  It was not all bad, as this morning everything looks more sharp and clear; colors seem brighter.  My anxiety level is also higher in general.  I feel like the 'volume' knob on my senses is turned up full blast!

I don't understand it; the preceeding 5 days at 69 ml there was none of this manic type of reaction.  Not sure how just dropping my dosage by a 100th of a mg could affect me such?  Also, I have ensured very meticulous mixing procedures with the milk and klono over the last 7 days, so it doesn't seem possible that this could be the result of uneven dispersion of the klono in the milk mixture?

Help me please.  I do not want to give up on this titration process, but I can't explain what is happening to me.

Per my taper schedule (I couldn't figure out how to add the schedule to my signature, sorry Colin) I have been taking a beginning taper dose of 69 ml from 8/28 - 9/1.  I took my first reduced dose of 68 ml starting 9/2.

On 9/3 (yesterday) I was experiencing considerable amounts of physical energy, slightly racing thoughts, and noticeable increase in anxiety levels.  My nerves felt over-tweaked.  It was not all bad, as this morning everything looks more sharp and clear; colors seem brighter.  My anxiety level is also higher in general.  I feel like the 'volume' knob on my senses is turned up full blast!

I don't understand it; the preceeding 5 days at 69 ml there was none of this manic type of reaction.  Not sure how just dropping my dosage by a 100th of a mg could affect me such?  Also, I have ensured very meticulous mixing procedures with the milk and klono over the last 7 days, so it doesn't seem possible that this could be the result of uneven dispersion of the klono in the milk mixture?

Help me please.  I do not want to give up on this titration process, but I can't explain what is happening to me.

Hi, orange8.

I've been wondering how you were doing.  I have no doubt that what you are experiencing are withdrawal symptoms.  I had something similar happen to me after one of my cuts but it only lasted a few days.  Not even long enough for me to get my house good and clean.  Don't let these feelings freak you out; it is not an indication that something else is wrong with you nor will it last forever.  I'm pretty sure you will have new and different symptoms throughout your taper.  It's part of the process of healing; in fact, once you start thinking of symptoms of signs of healing, they can be easier to bear.

Hang in there.  :thumbsup:

Orange,

Some people are just very very sensitive to minute cuts. You may be one of them. It sounds like very normal symptoms that you are having. .

Part of it could also be psychological. The placebo effect if you will. Just knowing you have begun your taper could be revving up these symptoms. I think you will level out in a few days.  :)

Orange,

When I fist began my titration, I did indeed feel kind of spacey and weird for a week or so..and it began about 4 days into it..I told myself it was from me taking my meds in a diff way (solution) and it passed. Whether that was the actual cause or not, to be honest I am not sure.  but I just kept that in my head and tried not to focus all of my energy on how I was feeling and it DID pass..

I get the colors brighter effect quite a bit as well..and the senses on overload..I know exactly what you mean. Sometimes everything will take on a surreal look for me as well..I know it is freaky, but it DOES pass..I promise.

You are doing great so far. I know this is scary right now, but please believe me, it DOES pass!

Thank you all for affirming that my experience is normal and that things are going according to plan.  Your experience and support is invaluable, I am really glad I found you guys.  Takes away that fear of the unknown, which is so helpful.

I will continue with my taper (down to 67 ml tonight).  I will keep you all posted as to my progress, thanks again.

Sounds good Orange. Remember with titration if things are too umcomfortable at any point for you, you can slow down or hold for a day or two..there is nothing wrong with that. I've done it a few times myself! :)

You are going to be just fine Orange :)

We are gonna get through this

Hi,

To repeat the advice of others, you can take a break from your taper. Let me know when you are ready to restart your taper and I will draw up a new schedule for you, with a slower taper rate if you like. ;)

I made a mistake when advising you to add some code to your signature (I used quote tags instead of code tags, so the code did not display correctly in my post to you). I've corrected the post concerned, and have taken the liberty of adding the code to your signature for you. You now have a link direct to your taper schedule at the foot of each of your posts. ;)

To access your signature, just follow the instructions posted by Eljay.