Benzo Withdrawal Is Like . . .

[...]

Staying with the light vein: Benzos are the gift that keeps on giving.  Too bad we can't return them.  >:(

Can I re-gift to my ex-pdoc?  Please? lol

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [jr...]

• [Lo...]

• [Lo...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Benzowithdrawal is like awakening from a horrible accident in a complete stranger's mind and body,

eventually realizing that the only way to return to your old self is to stop trying so hard!

Benzo withdrawal is like being in the middle of the oean in a hurricane being crushed and bashed by the waves and being sucked into the bottomless pit of hell.... and crawling out seems so far away...

Unfortuntately, this is so true!

"As Gregor Samsa awoke one morning from uneasy dreams, he found himself transformed in his bed into a monstrous vermin."

- Franz Kafka, The Metamorphosis

I loved this story. Read it in college back when dinosaurs ruled the earth.

I'm actually borrowing this concept from someone else...

Like a Katrina victim in the direct aftermath of Katrina.  Betrayed by those who could have and should have known better, abandoned by those who have the resources to help but chose, for whatever their reasons, arrogance, ignorance or whatever, not to.  Left on my own to figure out how to dig my way out while facing the long road to restoring my life after having it desimated.

• 3 weeks later...

Being locked inside the house with a hundred dollar bill while the ice cream truck endlessly circles the block.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• 3 years later...

Here is the challenge:

Type in once sentence an "analogy" or statement that best sums up what it is really like to be in the worst of benzo withdrawals.

Kian

My detox was like a gunshot.....poof, badly injured....no ambulance, no help.....

licked the wounds myself ......now back on my feet, what a journey. >:D

Benzo w/d is like being hit very hard with large waves and getting sucked down over and over and over, fighting to breathe, then realizing every once in awhile that the sea has suddenly calmed down and all is well. Then another wave knocks you down, and the terror begins all over again - until one day you're able to finally get up and walk away from it all. 

Benzo withdrawal is like realizing your boyfriend is Adolph Hitler and trying to break up with him brings out the SS stormtroopers, the Luftwaffe, the Gestapo, the Wehrmacht and the Hitler Youth - all pissed off at YOU.

She

Benzo withdrawal is like realizing I'm me, but I cannot get away from myself.  I don't know if that makes sense to anyone.  Used to repeat that phrase during acute.

Benzo Withdrawal is like . . .

having to repeat your last day on death row over and over again, wondering if you'll be pardoned on time.

tombstone.jpg

Benzo withdrawal is a daily regret about being too shy to ask an attractive woman out who shared the same eclectic music taste with me and was potentially into me....which happened 10 years ago

Benzo withdrawal is like selling your soul in exchange of hopes of a finding a new healthy one in a black abyss.

Benzo withdrawal is like restarting your brain in troubleshoot mode and only being able to access basic functions until the "virus" is cleared.

Benzo withdrawal is like giving yourself a severe concussion  in trade for psychological freedom.

Benzo withdrawal is wondering if you're crazy or if you always have been.

Benzo withdrawal is being like a prisoner of war in an army of one.

Benzo withdrawal is giving up control so you can have it again.

Cheers we're all going to make it!