Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Feeling down and I want to feel up...

[Wa...]

Hey trying to get prepared for tapering, I have found myself slipping into a depression, any suggestions natural stuff or anything to help alleviate this. Its not a good time.

thank you

Waltor :(

getting off of 0.5mg Kolon switching over to 2mg Val and its very confusing because I dont have but a few tabs of Kolo left

Hi Waltor,

Omega 3 is a good natural choice for depression, plus it has many other health benefits.  I take 1200mg a day, others take more but I wouldn't recommend more than 3000mg a day.  In order to avoid that "fishy" taste it's important to buy a quality brand and I take it with food.

If you do a search for depression you'll come find other post dealing with it.

Hope this helps.  :smitten:

Waltor  :smitten:

Depression is a very isolating illness.  Please keep reaching out to the people in your life and stay connected as best you can.  And, of course, posting here to your benzo buddies.

getting off of 0.5mg Kolon switching over to 2mg Val and its very confusing because I dont have but a few tabs of Kolo left

Waltor,

Vicky posted this to you in your other thread

Ok, back now  :)

Hmmmm I didn't realise you only had 5 tabs of K left.  That will be a problem then substituting in the way I recommended.

I guess you have two options then;

-do a really fast cross over which has the possiblity of making it more uncomfortable that it would be if you took it slowly (but you may get away with it .....for instance I did)  :thumbsup:

-see your doc, another doc, or nurse practioner to get a script for more benzos.

Waltor, I'm a little confused myself. You are switching over from 0.5 klon to 2mg Valium? This actually isn't enough valium according to Dr. Ashton's equivalence chart. 0.5mg klonopin is equivalent to 10mg valium. Or a quarter of a 0.5mg klon tab (or 0.125mg) is equal to 2.5mg valium.

Is 0.5mg klon your total daily dose right now? If so, you should be crossing over to 10mg valium.   

• 9 months later...

Waltor,

I hope everything is going well man.

I found myself in a similar situation when I was preparing for my taper, as this is my second attempt. The thought of a life without Klonopin was the scariest thing I could think of, and very depressing also.

As far as starting a taper is concerned....the most important thing to remember is to keep this whole thing in perspective. Keep your eye on the prize, and never forget why your doing this. Try and remember that this is a means to an end, not an end in itself.

I've found that this is the time when we actually improve in a very real, very organic way.

And I cannot agree more about fish oil...enough can't be said for it's role in overall mental well being(and well being in general). Definatly worth a try.

Kinda got off topic..in any case just a few words of encouragement.

Best of luck man,

Mike

P.S. This board can help tremendously, these are seriously good people...can't say enough about how much people who have never even met me really cared. Post and read as much as you can.

• 2 months later...
Natural supplements that have helped me with depression and other WD are Omega-3 and Schizandra supplements. Schizandra has been very helpful! Just get 100% Schizandra!  :thumbsup:

thank you, Im starting to feel forgotten

Waltor

Please don't feel forgotten! :therethere: We are here for you and want you to know that we will help in every way we can.  Depression can be horrific and is so common with benzos and in tapering.  We just have to believe that we'll get through this one day soon!

Did you see eljay's post about the Klono/Valium equivalency?

Please keep us posted on how you are doing, because we care.

Missy

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Walter,

I see you haven't checked in for many months but I think of you often.  I hope you got to the finish line.

Patty  xo