Healing after Clonazepam & Progesterone addiction

[do...]

• 1 month later...

Another update on hormones, menstrual cycle, and vitamins.

Now it is about 13 months after I stopped using Progesterone cream and 22 months since I C/T Clonazepam.

As I mentioned before, being desperate because of ongoing spotting and very heavy (to the point of fainting) menstrual bleeding I did research about possible causes of menstrual disorders. Here is the link of interest:

Miscurrage Research: Supplements That Raise Progesterone

https://sites.google.com/site/miscarriageresearch/hormones-and-miscarriage/progesterone-research/how-to-increase-progesterone

I was convinced that the reason for my problems was chronic anovulation due to the extreme stress, a condition which causes too much estrogens and too little progesterone so the uterine lining keeps building up, thicker and thicker and ultimately results in very heavy bleeding. As an experiment I started taking vitamins B, E, and C, and also iron.

It is noteworthy that the GP established that my iron level are "OK" therefore I did not need iron supplements. I did not listen to him and started taking iron. Within a day I was able to walk around; before I could only lie down (while bleeding).

I must say I am becoming more and more annoyed with the modern medical trend of blind reliance on tests whileignoring the physical symptoms (mine were classic anaemia symptoms: paleness, no appetite, weakness, even other people told me that I looked anemics).

My B and E levels were probably "OK" as well but I proceeded with them nevertheless. The gynaecologist whom I saw laughed at my "vitamin treatment" and totally ignored the fact that I was using the results of the scientific experiments.

I also started fencing: vigorous training almost every day.

The results: last month I ovulated, first time since March. I did have a full-blown PMS :thumbsup::laugh: and my usual pain before the period - it means that it was normal. The period was heavy but lighter than previous. After it I did not spot despite very strenuous exercises. I am convinced now that the vitamins B and E do influence female hormones.

The fact of ovulation was also confirmed by the blood test but even this did not make the gyno think about the possible role of vitamins in it.

Frankly, I am tired of doctors' incompetence and unwillingness to listen to a patient. I am not saying that all doctors are "bad" of course but I am very frustrated with extremely rigid, tests-only oriented, dismissive approach of many.

• 2 months later...

Bless you Double Wave! Your story Has profoundly affected me. I feel so much warmth towards you, your husband and your future! Thank you for discussing the progesterone issue-- you have greatly comforted me.

Love Sun

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi Claudia,

I am tapering from Birth Control Pills now after being free from K for 1 year. Doublewave is one of the members on the thread in my signature line about tapering from a Benzo while taking birth control pills or progesterone.

I ran into really bid trouble with this combination.

Love you,

Summer :smitten:

Hi Claudia,

I am tapering from Birth Control Pills now after being free from K for 1 year. Doublewave is one of the members on the thread in my signature line about tapering from a Benzo while taking birth control pills or progesterone.

Love you,

Hi Summer,

unbelievable, i have to read the thread at your signature again.

now i realize what happened to me when i stopped the birth control pills, had no

idea. well, i for one am done with all this chemical crap. i shall never take any

pill shit again in all my life, big lesson learned.

keep going Summer, we made some big mistakes, but our bodies will forgive us, i hope.

love you

claudia :smitten:

Hi Claudia,

Love you,

Hi Summer

I sometimes frequent a Menopause/Hormonal Support group in the Support groups section.

There was a member there who just recently posted asking for help from getting sick from cessation of b/c pill after having mostly recovered from benzo w/d.

If you could drop by you'd be very helpful. Claudia if you have anything to offer too that would be great. We have information and links but many of us are still trying to work out how to manage benzos and hormones and it isn't easy! Prog seems to be the most hard to understand of them all!

Thanks

Smiff

Lol Smiff, sorry i won't be of much help because i stopped taking the BC pills

about 8 years ago , at the time i was taking the Benzo. i just realized the way i felt back then.

Hi Claudia,

Love you,

Hi Summer,

unbelievable, i have to read the thread at your signature again.

now i realize what happened to me when i stopped the birth control pills, had no

idea. well, i for one am done with all this chemical crap. i shall never take any

pill shit again in all my life, big lesson learned.

keep going Summer, we made some big mistakes, but our bodies will forgive us, i hope.

love you

claudia :smitten:

Hi Claudia,

I did not know you ran into this trouble too.  :( It was just awful for me, as you can see in my signature line. I am happy to see Smiff posing Diaz-Pam's thread. I am now tapering birth control pills and having a time of it. I am tapering 1/8th of a tablet every 3 weeks, because when I tried to taper every 2 weeks, I got really sick.

It is amazing what doctors don't know about the prescriptions they write, but it is great to have one another learn about it from one another. I am more determined than ever to find non-drug ways to help myself after all of this mess.

I will be completely prescription drug free when I am done with my taper from birth control pills. I am 50% free now.  :)

I love you,

Hi Claudia,

Love you,

Hi Summer

I sometimes frequent a Menopause/Hormonal Support group in the Support groups section.

There was a member there who just recently posted asking for help from getting sick from cessation of b/c pill after having mostly recovered from benzo w/d.

If you could drop by you'd be very helpful. Claudia if you have anything to offer too that would be great. We have information and links but many of us are still trying to work out how to manage benzos and hormones and it isn't easy! Prog seems to be the most hard to understand of them all!

Thanks

Smiff

Hi Smiff,

Thanks for posting the info about Diaz-Pam's thread. As you can see from my post to Claudia, I am tapering birth control pills now. I am planning on remaining free from hormones after all of this. I am waiting for my body to adjust to tapering from them. It is amazing how much hormones effect us and our bodies, let alone the combo of a benzo with it.

I am 54 years old and the transition from birth control pills has been more challenging than I had hoped. Are you taking hormones? Did you run into hormone issues with your benzo experience?

Love you,

Hi Summer

I never really had hormonal problems till benzo w/d. Since benzo w/d the menstrual cycle is fraught. The ups and downs of my cyclical hormones make sometimes ok and sometimes not so ok.

I've looked into various hormonal treatments. Not sure about anything except I don't want to take b/c pill.

I suggest you come to that page because there might be someone, or something, that can help.  :thumbsup:

• Popular Now