Help for sleep: List of MANY ideas from BB forum posts.

[ha...]

Hi all,

I found this website for hypnosis. They have many other subject but this one is for insomnia. I know when I was having troubl sleeping, I would give anyting for it. There is a charge but only $12. but you can also download a test one to see if you like the direction its taking and the sound of the guys voice, he's english, I think it's a relaxing voice and his influx is all intentional. It's interesting. I hope someone can find some relief through this. Good luck fellow bb's. Post if ou like it or not if you end up trying it.

http://www.hypnosisdownloads.com/hypnosis-packs/insomnia-buster

Be well,

Sarah~

Hi Hannah,

I bought the relaxation and get over a relationship one. I love it. I don't have insomnia but I did and remember how hard it was. Give it a go.

How are you doing?

Sarah ~

Hi Sarah,

Glad that they helped.

I don't have insomnia right now, but do find it hard to get to sleep. I wonder if that is just because I am falling asleep normally because I am not going into a drugged sleep. I think it probably is. Glad I don't have insomnia right now. I found a couple of things like the ZZZglasses helped to calm me down in the evening when sleep was a problem.  Doing okay. Yesterday was a bad day, then woke up this morning feeling good. Good days are so appreciated.

Hope you are doing okay as well.

You are welcome, but really it was everyone here. Amazing how helpful everyone is. Hope some of these ideas help for you.

I'm with you. I am at my most alert from 9pm-1am. Its so hard to force myself to stop everything do I can get the 8-9 hrs I need. I have to get up at 7 to take him to school. Seems like I'm more energetic on the says I an energetic since I've begun to taper.

I'm with you, write it down get it out of your head. I'm a journaler for problem solving as well as gratitude. I have a list maker on phone. My favorite app. You're mum is wise. :)

Happy healing

S~

Thanks Hanna for taking the time to put this together, some brilliant tips here.

I am going to print this.

Debbie  :thumbsup:

Hi Debbie,

Hope it helps. Hopefully no one spends all their time reading the list and not actually trying to get to sleep  :D  :D  :D

Hi Debbie,

Hope it helps. Hopefully no one spends all their time reading the list and not actually trying to get to sleep  :D  :D  :D

Hi Hanna,

Well if they do, it certainly gives them plenty to think about !

:laugh:  :laugh:

Debbie.  :)

• 2 years later...
[f0...]
Wondering who has tried a weighted blanket, if it helped, and if it was hot. I often feel that more weight on my body would help me to feel safer and more grounded, but since I'm menopausal, I don't know if these blankets would leave me drowning in a sea of hot flashes... 

Wondering who has tried a weighted blanket, if it helped, and if it was hot. I often feel that more weight on my body would help me to feel safer and more grounded, but since I'm menopausal, I don't know if these blankets would leave me drowning in a sea of hot flashes...

I have a comforter that my ex used to call the blanket of doom.  It is pretty heavy, but I love it.  It does what it implies. Comforts.

And Hanna, if you are still around, one of the things that I've always tried to adhere by:  The bed should only be used for sleeping.  You shouldn't read in bed, watch tv in bed, eat in bed..  You place your mind in a state where when you are getting in to bed, it is to sleep.

One of my technique is to think something paradoxical.

There was some saying from bible that saying it is easier for camel to go through the eye of needle or something. From there I think wait, but camel is too big, how does it go through the eye of needle?  I just keep repeat that thought.  Well, maybe not too much paradoxical, but worked many times for me.

Tybee,

I use a weighted blanket every night, even in hot weather. Mine is made from cotton.

On hot nights I have just the sheet and the weighted blanket. I can't sleep with just a sheet, never have been able too. I feel too vulnerable.

Anyway I've never had temperature issues.

• 3 months later...
Have to admit that I did not try a hammer! Hope you can find something that might work that won't hurt!

[f0...]

Tybee,

I use a weighted blanket every night, even in hot weather. Mine is made from cotton.

On hot nights I have just the sheet and the weighted blanket. I can't sleep with just a sheet, never have been able too. I feel too vulnerable.

Anyway I've never had temperature issues.

I do know that vulnerable feeling...  Might be that I could just pull a weighted blanket over my midsection in hot weather.  What are they weighted with?  Is yours just a heavy cotton or does it have something in it to give it extra weight? 

• 3 weeks later...
May also want to add Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia to the list of things to do or try. Find a therapist in your area that is trained in this approach. Got to take advantage of anything that helps out. This therapy may also help you deal with future bouts of insomnia after your current one is over. In my case, my medical insurance is covering it.

[f0...]

May also want to add Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia to the list of things to do or try. Find a therapist in your area that is trained in this approach. Got to take advantage of anything that helps out. This therapy may also help you deal with future bouts of insomnia after your current one is over. In my case, my medical insurance is covering it.

CBT is actually next on my list of things to try.  I have seen a woman for the initial intake visit, but am still deciding whether to approach it through books first.  You're fortunate to have good insurance.  Mine will probably cover all but $45/session, but at one visit/week, that adds up for a single person who's on a medical leave of absence---or possibly in early retirement... 

• 7 months later...