Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

I got Calms Forte for insomnia, but it seems to help more with anxiety!

[56...]

[56...]

I posted some of this under "insomnia," but I'm adding some info here on "anxiety" because I had some help from this OTC homeopathic remedy. I've been slammed with insomnia and have tried every OTC in Walgreen's. Last night I noticed something I hadn't seen before, and since it was on sale for $4.99 for 50 pills, I picked up a bottle of Hyland's "Calms Forte" (with a little accent mark over the "e"). It's a homeopathic remedy for "stress" and "insomnia." It was in the "insomnia" section with Unisom, Sominex, etc., so I followed directions and took three pills last night. It kinda-sorta helped with sleep, but I'd also taken 3 mg of melatonin and I suspect that it did more than the Calms Forte. Since it said to take 1-2 pills during the day for stress, I took 2 at 9:15 a.m. and by 10:15 a.m. I felt a 25-30% reduction in my anxiety level. While that isn't a significant decrease in anxiety, at this point I'll take what I can get!

The bottle says it has avena sativa, chamomilla, humulus lupulus, passaflora incarnata, and various other items. It is on sale at Walgreen's for a bottle of 50 for just $4.99, and the sale ends tomorrow (Friday, 11-11-11). The regular Walgreen's price is $9.49 for a bottle, but I noticed a bottle of 100 is just $8-9 at amazon.com (plus shipping).

I don't give any guarantees, but if you're suffering from anxiety, this might help you. I'm going to try it again tonight without the melatonin, and I'll try it again tomorrow for anxiety, and if I have any updates I'll post them here.

Good luck. If you take this, I hope it works out for you. Please post here if you've taken it, or if you buy some and it does (or does not) help...

Tucson

Me on Day 63 of my final c/t:  :o

Sounds like it could definitely relax you.  However, since it has Chamomile in it I need to stay away from it.  I have had issues with Chamomile tea affecting my lungs and I think it is due to a Ragweed allergy.  If a person is allergic to ragweed, they are supposed to avoid Chamomile (at least that's what I read).

Hope it works well for you, however.

fg

I also bought a bottle of this for insomnia and found it works pretty well for anxiety.  Sometimes it helps me sleep and sometimes it doesn't but so far it's been the best thing I've tried.

Sounds like it could definitely relax you.  However, since it has Chamomile in it I need to stay away from it.  I have had issues with Chamomile tea affecting my lungs and I think it is due to a Ragweed allergy.  If a person is allergic to ragweed, they are supposed to avoid Chamomile (at least that's what I read).

Hope it works well for you, however.

fg

Fishguy I just read this now... I cannot believe this... I just develope a horrible cold and chest cold I think it was from the chamomile tea... I am allergic to ragweed... So thank you so much..... for the letter... Now I know not to drink it.

Hope you are well fish guy

Take care

luv

mishi

You're welcome, Mishi.  Yeah, I tried Chamomile tea several times, but it irritated my lungs and I just couldn't handle it.  I then found out that you're not supposed to take it if you're allergic to ragweed.  If I do drink tea, I drink decaf Green Tea now.

fg

You're welcome, Mishi.  Yeah, I tried Chamomile tea several times, but it irritated my lungs and I just couldn't handle it.  I then found out that you're not supposed to take it if you're allergic to ragweed.  If I do drink tea, I drink decaf Green Tea now.

fg

Fishguy hi again.. Not sure If I am really sick now or it is the tea..... It has to be the tea..

I cannot breathe at all nose is running bad and chest is conjested too...

But as you said I am allergic to ragweed so hoping that is what it is

How are you doing fishguy in your recovery..

Let me know and thank yu again

I am going to have hot water with lemon right now

take care

luv

mishi

Hi Mishi.  It could very well be the tea.  In regards to my progress, I am holding stable at 1.75 mg. of K.  I have tried going down several times but the w/d sxs were too severe.  I am back on Paxil (30 mg.) and that has improved my mood, sleep, appetite and energy.  I wish I could just stop the Klonopin, but I've done that before and ended up in the hospital.

At any rate, wishing you well.

fg

Calms Forte is a homeopathic formulation. So, the herb's in it (including chamomile) are miniscule (sp?).  Like taking a little flower from the chamomile plant, and having perhaps 1/100th of that

flower dipped in some hot water.  Calms Forte is a very good friend as a nervine.  For insomnia most who use this take 2 tablet's 1/2 hour prior to bed-time.  During the day only 1 is highly beneficial, with no side-effects (for most).