23 Months Benzo free today :)

[of...]

Thank you for this post.  I am so happy for you and it gives everyone hope.  Funny thing is, I was where you are now about 3 months ago-before this whole mess--lovin life doing mundane, wonderful things!  Crazy how life can turn upside down so quickly.  Luckily time heals all wounds :)  God bless!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [of...]

• [dj...]

• [Su...]

• [el...]

Thank you Zoe !

You made me cry. I have felt brain damaged for so long, and to hear that you don't feel that any longer...gives me such hope.  I don't have everything written in my signature....but I went through 3 c/t's.  Doctors kept giving me AD's...Librax...Xanax...Buspar.....trying to fix each mess.  I know that you have heard these stories over and over.  I feel better at 9 months off, but still feeling symptoms...and worry that maybe I have alzheimers, or that my brain is damaged. 

It takes so much of our life away...and takes so long...but the reward will be worth it.  Right ?  You have walked ahead of us in this journey...and reaching out with support and encouragement...is a beautiful thing.  Thank you, so much.

Love, :hug:

Sunny girl

Hey you,  9 months is really awesome healing time,  still early,  you wait  :)  The next nine months are really important months, Just keep taking really good care of yourself,  try to get out and get a little walking in,  eat well,  I spent the first 6 months walking around in Walmart,  Target, lol  I knew Walmart's inventory better than anyone who worked there,  lol.  I drove around alot in the very small town I lived in and listen to music , once I could and sang at the top of my lungs so I couldn't hear the ringing in my ears,  and get lots of support here where everyone understands.  You have this,  I so look forward to your success story  ;)  And I know you will have one.

Hugs back , xoxoxoxoxoxoox zoe

Congrats on the two year mark, Zoe.

I'm at about 15 months, wishing for a window.

You are in my thoughts Smoke,  thanks so much for posting here.  love you zoe

Thank you for this post.  I am so happy for you and it gives everyone hope.  Funny thing is, I was where you are now about 3 months ago-before this whole mess--lovin life doing mundane, wonderful things!  Crazy how life can turn upside down so quickly.  Luckily time heals all wounds :)  God bless!

(((((Tina))))))  :smitten:

• 9 months later...
This thread contained my last post on this board so thought I'd update.  Almost a year later, and dec 2012 will be 3 years off benzos and I am much more consistently better now than I was when I posted last.  However, I'm still not completely healed.  I'm now getting over a severe cold and the sickness and stressors have brought on some symptoms, though not nearly as bad and I'm able to perform my job through them whereas before I wasn't.  Also, I'm still sensitive to the sunlight....if it's sunny and I don't have sunglasses on, my jaw tightens up and I get a head heaviness feeling.  This is not as bad as in the early days, but it's still uncomfortable and it's still there to some degree.  I am afraid this may be permanent damage.  If this went away, and if i could have a cold virus with no benzo symptoms, etc I would be healed.  So, I'm still pushing forward, but wonder since I'm so far out if there isn't some damage that will not heal. 

djponce

Congrats on how far you come! Sounds like you're darn near healed. I'm 3 yrs out myself and while I'm very well and consider myself healed there is still fine tuning going on, nothing that causes me any issue with moving foward with my life, but for a long time now very slow almost imperctible changes for the better continue to take place. It's the same for others this far out who I've talked to. Things we didn't know needed healing are still healing, but cause no significant problems in the meantime. The body continues to heal, that's a wonderful thing, so I wouldn't count anything as permanent. ;)