23 Months Benzo free today :)

[of...]

Oh my gosh, I am only at day 7 without benzos, each day is agony.  How do I make it through MONTHS??

The hell you are in right now is "acute" withdrawal...it won't stay at this intensity the whole time....the intensity tones down little by little.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [of...]

• [dj...]

• [Su...]

• [el...]

Hey zoe -

Congratulations on the 2 years. Amazing! Things are improving for me just as you have told me and so many others for months. Thank you for the encouragement. :)

eli

Oh my gosh, I am only at day 7 without benzos, each day is agony.  How do I make it through MONTHS??

You will make it.  It will get better,  distract, take good care of yourself, get outside, do some walking, believe in yourself.  It's going to be okay,  it's hard but doable.

love to you zoe

Thanks for the wonderful success story.  I am at 14 months and still suffering so reading posts like yours is awesome.  Hope you have great days from here on

Hugs

Kristin

Kristin, you are getting there,  great progress on fourteen months,  wow,  congrats on that.

Pretty soon it will all be a distant memory.  love to you zoe

Congrats Katie,  :thumbsup:

When you say vertigo; do you mean a spinny feeling?

Yes Sigma,  dizziness,  I also had a feeling like I was being pulled down constantly.

They seemed to go hand and hand.  It's all gone now  :)  Keep going.  love to you zoe

Thanks for sharing your story  :)

I'm not anywhere near 100 percent, but over the last week I've had some positive progress.  Hopefully one day I'll be feeling like you.

YOu are getting there, the process seems so slow,  it is, but sooo worth it.  If you slide back a bit, don't worry,  it's healing.  xoxox

Hey zoe -

Congratulations on the 2 years. Amazing! Things are improving for me just as you have told me and so many others for months. Thank you for the encouragement. :)

eli

Thank you Eli,  yes 2 years, it is amazing,  and healed.  I am working on a two year story, it will be my last one,  I wont' be counting months anymore.  So glad you are improving consistently as time passes.  You have done amazing work. 

love to you zoe

Can you give me some encouragement about sleep? Is there anything that helped you? I am 5 months off only a 3 month use and I have stopped sleeping again completely even with trazadone.  Insomnia has been my worst symptom by far. It's been really really bad and sometimes I go two or more days on less than three hours of sleep. Thank you.

Can you give me some encouragement about sleep? Is there anything that helped you? I am 5 months off only a 3 month use and I have stopped sleeping again completely even with trazadone.  Insomnia has been my worst symptom by far. It's been really really bad and sometimes I go two or more days on less than three hours of sleep. Thank you.

((((Jittery)))))  Uggggg I know I know,  I went a long time just on 3 or 4 hours of sleep a night.  I didn't take anything at all,  I just wanted to leave well enough alone

Sleep is one of the roughest things to deal with,  I just kind of gave into the fact that sleep was going to be tough,  I was on for 10 years,  my body hadn't slept without help for years.  I continued to tell myself I was resting.  Going to bed at night was one of my worst tortures.  I would lay down, everything would amp up,  heart rate, vertigo, tinnitus, cog fog , all the head stuff.  I spent many a night miserable because of it.  Hopefully it will get better for you sooner,  you were on a short time.  I listened to a lot of books on tape, and just tried to stay distracted.  Make sure you have food in your belly when you go to bed and if you wake,  try eating a small meal,  sometimes that would help.

Just know this,  it will return, with a vengence,  I sleep so well now,  it's unreal,  I never slept this well on benzos.  Deep , restoritive,  dreaming sleep. 

Hang in,  it will get better,  i'm so sorry you are going through this.  Love to you Jittery, Zoe

Today I celebrate 1 month short of two years benzo free.

I just want to encourage all of you to keep going.  The road seems very long and it's very hard,  but life does return to normal.

I am happy to report that I am symptom free,  totally sypmtom free  :yippee:.  The last and  biggest hurdle was getting back into a normal sleeping pattern,  I am thrilled to tell all of you stuggling with sleep, that deep, restoritive , dreaming sleep does return,  and I want you all to know, it is amazing!

I dont' think much about benzo withdrawal anymore,  my days are pretty much filled with just normal, mundane, ordinary life stuff,  with lots of fun and love and appreciation for my healing.

I have so much to be grateful for,  I was in bad shape for a long time,  feeling good again is something I do not take for granted.

I know alot of you are suffering, and tired, and scared,  I was too.  It ends.  The days seem to go by too fast now,  I no longer dread going to bed at night ,  there is no more tinnitus, vertigo, bone pain,  no more waking with a racing heart and unbearable anxiety,  my brain has healed,  yours will too.

Keep the faith guys, believe in yourselves and in the process, healing does happen,  you can not stop it.  love to all  xoxoxoxoxoox  K

I know I'm late to the game on this post... By like a month....  But I just saw it...  And it's exactly what I needed to see and read tonight....  I'm almost 12 months free, and I'm suffering some still....  Your post made me feel like it will get better.

Thank you.  Thank you very much.

((((Matthew)))))  Lots more healing coming your way.

YOu will be amazed when you get there. Each month that passes is another month of healing.

It's happening,  hang in Matt,  you are getting closer. 

love to you zoe

((((Matthew)))))  Lots more healing coming your way.

YOu will be amazed when you get there. Each month that passes is another month of healing.

It's happening,  hang in Matt,  you are getting closer. 

love to you zoe

Hey Zoe. Glad to hear you are still doing great with no symptoms. Thanks for posting your success story.

Hello Lady,

I am fine. Out of work but doing ok. So how are you? Hope you had a great Thanksgiving. How is Miss B? I sure missed all of you.

Love

Shell

Congratulations !  Thank you for sharing, and all your encouragement to hang in there.  It is so easy to get down when you still feel symptoms....and you start wondering if you will ever truly heal....or be stuck like this the rest of your life. 

I like what you said ..... 'each month that passes is another month of healing'. 

Thank you again, Zoe !  :)

Sunny girl

Hello Lady,

I am fine. Out of work but doing ok. So how are you? Hope you had a great Thanksgiving. How is Miss B? I sure missed all of you.

Love

Shell

I'm well Shell,  so glad you are fine,  sorry about the work situation.  Miss b is doing very well!  I have missed you too.  So nice to see you xoxoxo

Congratulations !  Thank you for sharing, and all your encouragement to hang in there.  It is so easy to get down when you still feel symptoms....and you start wondering if you will ever truly heal....or be stuck like this the rest of your life. 

I like what you said ..... 'each month that passes is another month of healing'. 

Thank you again, Zoe !  :)

Sunny girl

Awww Sunny,  you are doing great.  Just keep pushing forward,  the payoff is amazing.  It's going to keep getting better.  You will truly heal,  I did,  I had plenty of days when I thought I was damaged for life.  I learned that it just takes sometime for our brains to repair themselves,  but they do.  I know so many now, who started this journey with me,  they are healed too.  The progress for most of us seemed just about the same.  Congrats on your progress girl,  nice work.  love to you zoe

Thank you Zoe !

You made me cry. I have felt brain damaged for so long, and to hear that you don't feel that any longer...gives me such hope.  I don't have everything written in my signature....but I went through 3 c/t's.  Doctors kept giving me AD's...Librax...Xanax...Buspar.....trying to fix each mess.  I know that you have heard these stories over and over.  I feel better at 9 months off, but still feeling symptoms...and worry that maybe I have alzheimers, or that my brain is damaged. 

It takes so much of our life away...and takes so long...but the reward will be worth it.  Right ?  You have walked ahead of us in this journey...and reaching out with support and encouragement...is a beautiful thing.  Thank you, so much.

Love, :hug:

Sunny girl