Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Kava Kava for sleep?

[ws...]

I was wondering if anybody out there has tried Kava Kava for sleep and anxiety.

i have heard it works but it taste bad to drink.  It is from the South Pacific Islands.

The best to get is the pure Kava root which is ground up into a powder and mixed with water and drank. 

Anybody try it??

Thanks.

Andy

My experience is atypical.  But, see my signature line.  I think I went through a cold turkey withdrawal from taking an herbal supplement twice per day for two months.  I slept great but had the most horrific withdrawals after.  I didn't know what was happening to me.  My advice is to stay away from herbs.  I will never try one again.

I have found the best thing for sleep is to GET OUT OF BED.  I watch TV for 1 hour, then I go back to bed with socks on, several blankets, anything to raise my body temp. and bring on sleep.

I tend to agree with you about herbs....it is just that when a person suffers from lack of sleep they will naturally want to seek some type of help.

These supplements are probably ok twice a week at the most.  Thanks.

Andy

[1c...]

I've been trying to get relief with Valerian root but it only seems to have helped slightly. Same with Unisom. I've read about kava kava but frankly I think my anxiety level is just so high at night that nothing helps with sleep except sheer exhaustion. If anyone has had some positive experience, I'd like to hear about it.

Tucson

Me as Day 41 of a c/t winds to an end: :o

I know about lack of sleep, Andy, and seeking help for it.  Following my abrupt withdrawal from Exhilarin, I went 6 days without ANY sleep, and had a 23-day long menstrual period as a result.  

That is when I decided to try the Klonopin that the neurologist had recommended.  It was a lifesaver at the time...but now the time has come to taper.

If you decide to try Kava Kava, please really research it.  I've read some very questionable things about it. 

Will be thinking of you.... Keep us posted.

Kava Kava helps with anxiety and sleep...I take the pure ground up root from Fiji....problem is it tastes bad when you drink it and since you have to drink several glasses of it before bed  so you wake up several times  during the night having to piss.  This is not good.

Andy