Need help with substitution taper plan Xanax/Valium

[wi...]

"However, it is important in withdrawal always to go forwards. If you reach a difficult point, you can stop there for a few weeks if necessary, but you should try to avoid going backwards and increasing your dosage again. Some doctors advocate the use of "escape pills" (an extra dose of benzodiazepines) in particularly stressful situations. This is probably not a good idea as it interrupts the smooth decline in benzodiazepine concentrations and also disrupts the process of learning to cope without drugs which is an essential part of the adaptation to withdrawal. If the withdrawal is slow enough, "escape pills" should not be necessary."

This is from the Ashton Manual..I was trying to find another 'blurb' that was more recent and gave a more clinical reason NOT to increase..so..I understand that sometimes it's necessary I guess because we withdraw too quickly..that's what I'm trying to avoid...but I'm not certain that I am giving it enough time..  ai yai yai..

I so appreciate how quickly you respond..and the lovely emoticons... ;D

I just have to be more confident, right?  :D

"However, it is important in withdrawal always to go forwards. If you reach a difficult point, you can stop there for a few weeks if necessary, but you should try to avoid going backwards and increasing your dosage again. Some doctors advocate the use of "escape pills" (an extra dose of benzodiazepines) in particularly stressful situations. This is probably not a good idea as it interrupts the smooth decline in benzodiazepine concentrations and also disrupts the process of learning to cope without drugs which is an essential part of the adaptation to withdrawal. If the withdrawal is slow enough, "escape pills" should not be necessary."

This is from the Ashton Manual..I was trying to find another 'blurb' that was more recent and gave a more clinical reason NOT to increase..so..I understand that sometimes it's necessary I guess because we withdraw too quickly..that's what I'm trying to avoid...but I'm not certain that I am giving it enough time..  ai yai yai..

I so appreciate how quickly you respond..and the lovely emoticons... ;D

I just have to be more confident, right?  :D

Yes you need the most confidence when it is the hardest to find. I agree wholeheartedly about upping-- don't do it! I hope you realize though that you still need to find an appropriate crossover amount and that may take some tinkering. Once you are stable, then you start from there and never revisit. Since I completely close the door to the possibility of reinstating, I am never tempted to do so: it is just not an option.

No matter what, it is hard. It is lonely. And it sucks.

But you can do it. :smitten:

Love,

Chrysanthemum :crazy:

Hi! We are all over the place with our threads!

I am on day 6 of a 1 mg Valium drop and I feel like hell.  :sick:

I forced myself to go to a very important event for my son today and it was difficult. I am running on adrenaline. I would say that this is the most sick I have felt and that is saying a lot because I always feel sick. I am nauseous and weak and off balance and feel almost unreal. I threw on a black dress and some lipstick and I kept saying to my son after the event: like are people staring at me because to me I thought I looked like hell and that it was so noticeable. He said I looked surprisingly well so it shows you how much of this is internal. He was shocked I showed up and so happy so I am pleased I could be there for him. I always try so hard to be a good mom but it is so difficult when this withdrawl is so consuming. I am back in my sweats and on the couch~ I know that my symptoms are magnified bc of the opiate use so omg... I can't wait to feel a little better. My plan was to lower my dose tomorrow but I am sure I will not. I am going to have to hold for another week-- I am much sicker than I thought.

So I will check in here and there but when I am this sick I tend to not write. I do however want to hear how you are doing so be in touch. I am just getting worse by the minute so I need to surrender to the withdrawal and rest.

Love,

Hi Chrys,

:idiot: I backed out. I decided to again cut the xanax from .25mg to .125mg (if that is half of .25?). I have been reading here of other's who feel they went to fast (also in chat room) and so many are dealing w/ problems far into the future..which is beyond my scope of imagination... So, the reality is that if I were to stop xanax now..I should go to 12.5 mg valium..and I intended to c/o at 10 mg. Better to wait than short change myself..give it another week at .125 mg xanax am, then 2.5 mg valium afternoon, and 5.0 mg valium in the eve...and then do the 10 mg. valium..total crossover It helps sharing and seeing it in print.

I have to take a trip as well so why mess around when out in public.  :thumbsup:

g'night

:smitten:

Hi,

Wow...proud of you getting to that event for your son..and even putting on lipstick!! So often in the past couple years I wished that it would have been acceptable for me to wear the full galabaya (sp?) ya know like some Muslim woman do. Run into the store with my veil over my face..lol At another forum,,when I was totally clueless I was asking for advice..one woman (a nurse) advised me to taper the xanax first before the oxy..and now in some ways I understand her reasoning but I am awfully glad that I didn't do it that way. Primarilly because it only took me 7 days of tapering before I was clean of them..though I still had to go through w/d..milder than those who went c/t. But heck..I would be on the oxy for at least 5 more months if I did it her way. Your knowledge of how they work in synch...again confirms that I went the right way. Are you dealing with RLS? Stomach issues? or is it mostly anxiety, depression,pyschological stuff? I'm praying you will get better soon Chrys.

Yea..I made the mistake of starting a new thread..double the work!

I'm going to try to get some zzzzz's

g'night and God Bless You

Hi,

Wow...proud of you getting to that event for your son..and even putting on lipstick!! So often in the past couple years I wished that it would have been acceptable for me to wear the full galabaya (sp?) ya know like some Muslim woman do. Run into the store with my veil over my face..lol At another forum,,when I was totally clueless I was asking for advice..one woman (a nurse) advised me to taper the xanax first before the oxy..and now in some ways I understand her reasoning but I am awfully glad that I didn't do it that way. Primarilly because it only took me 7 days of tapering before I was clean of them..though I still had to go through w/d..milder than those who went c/t. But heck..I would be on the oxy for at least 5 more months if I did it her way. Your knowledge of how they work in synch...again confirms that I went the right way. Are you dealing with RLS? Stomach issues? or is it mostly anxiety, depression,pyschological stuff? I'm praying you will get better soon Chrys.

Yea..I made the mistake of starting a new thread..double the work!

I'm going to try to get some zzzzz's

g'night and God Bless You

Most of my symptoms are physical although I do have heightened emotions that's for sure! I am more anxious than I usually am and can get a little blue. I do not have RLS. Most of my symptoms I describe as feeling like having the worst flu and being hungover at the same time-- like you couldn't get up and go to work if you wanted to. I am exhausted, have a headache, sinus-y issues, headaches, toothaches, all over muscle pain, weakness, poor balance, eyes hurt, stomache ache. All magnified times ten. I have had health issues for many years so I am used to functioning with a lot of discomfort but this -- and again I am sure it is a double whammy with the opana-- is almost unbearable. Except I have to bear it because I know I will get better. I have a lot of counseling support from when I developed health problems so I am fortunate in that.

You were definitely right to go down on opiate first! I went as far as I could and then I had to start this. I did them off and on mostly.... and then I noticed I felt worse when I benzo w/d. Got a good night sleep so that always helps.

How are you feeling? What is the plan to address the liver disease? And is it true that you are going to hold for a bit before you c/o? That is never a bad plan. Slow and steady wins the race.

Thanks for being in touch.

Love,

Hi Chrys,

I could've sworn I texted you yesterday..maybe on another thread? Yea, sounds like nasty w/d's that you are dealing with..have you tried hot baths w/Epson Salts? Might help.

Today I c/o totally to Valium..I took 5 mg. valium in the afternoon (12:00pm) and then around 11:00pm tonight took abother 5 mg. I was exhausted today so..I think I'll  lower it tomorrow to 2.5 and then at nght 7.5mg. The only s/x so far is muscle tremors...not bad at all. Hopefully, this will go smoothly..Please God.

Good night, hope you are feeling better.

ps) I am keeping an eye on a new FDA approved cocktail, but not rushing into anything...it took too much out of me, I doubt I am even a candidate at this point. Appreciate your concern.

:thumbsup:

Hi Chrys,

I could've sworn I texted you yesterday..maybe on another thread? Yea, sounds like nasty w/d's that you are dealing with..have you tried hot baths w/Epson Salts? Might help.

Today I c/o totally to Valium..I took 5 mg. valium in the afternoon (12:00pm) and then around 11:00pm tonight took abother 5 mg. I was exhausted today so..I think I'll  lower it tomorrow to 2.5 and then at nght 7.5mg. The only s/x so far is muscle tremors...not bad at all. Hopefully, this will go smoothly..Please God.

Good night, hope you are feeling better.

ps) I am keeping an eye on a new FDA approved cocktail, but not rushing into anything...it took too much out of me, I doubt I am even a candidate at this point. Appreciate your concern.

:thumbsup:

How's it going? I think our posts have crossed sometimes. I used to love to take epsom salt baths but I am still not in bathtub shape since back surgery-- I am not having a great drop but then again I didn't really expect to. How have you been feeling?