what do i do

[im...]

ive taken xanax for a month and a half and took about 1 mg a day two .5 mg pills a day and ive been tapering for the past three weeks and was dwon to .12 mg for about a week and felt fine and then i decided to not take one at all yesterday and had a noctorunal panic attack was that tapering to fast should i of did half of a half of a half of a pil after doing the half of a half for a another week i know that sounds confusing heres a list to make it easiar what i did...my problem just seems to be at nighttime as im going to sleep. a nocturnal panic attack

*(Only took xanax for month and a half)*

[.5mg]1-2 weeks felt fine

[.25mg] 1 week felt fine

[.12mg] 5-6 days felt fine

[0mg] fine untill night time

it seems my anxiety comes at night when i lay in bed and go to sleep like its not even that i think about anything its just like ther for no reason.. and i had a noctorunal panic attack as im falling asleep like im halfway assleep and i suddenly jolt and wake up sometimes i wake up freaking out gasping for air for like 1 second and it really freaks me out and its like i can feel my adrenaline start before this.This happened one night about a month and a half ago and ever since ive had anxiety like its like i have PTSD from my first panic attack like it was really scary. Do all i have to do is somehow get over that and itll go away or is it like permanent

What was told to me which helped me is that anxiety is natural, you just need to get in control of it fortunatly it only hits you at night when you are home with me it hits me in public places the key for you would be to do some breathing exercises before going to bed. this may or may not help but in my opinion is better than going back onto the benzos.

Hi Imjames,

If the jolt you are getting is a full blown body jerk (something you can't really re-create yourself) then it is a myclonic jerk (or another name is Hypnic Jerk)

It is definitely a withdrawal symptom and is apparantley harmless.

I get them too and they are much less frequent.

Check out info here.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypnic_jerk

Hopefully in time (sooner rather than later) this symptom will get less and eventually go away in time.