Tinnitus &/or eye floaters...Do they go away? Honest answers please.

[Ro...]

I am 19 months benzo free and have been having severe swirling black lines and floaters in my vision NON STOP for about 8 months. Just wondering if there are some people still suffering from those things a long ways off benzos. The intensity does fluctuate, but they never go away. They are much worse looking at bright backgrounds.

Hey Robby,

I had one eye floater,it was in my left eye. I have not

had that happen again, so yes it will heal, buddy. The

tinnitus, I have very bad, and so I cant really help

with that. I am sending you peace, comfort, and

swift healing my friend. Keep up the good

fight, I know you will and will win.

xoxo Belle

You are a sweetheart ((((Belle))))...we will do this together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm hoping the probs with the jaw are clearing up soon. You hang in there and keep up the good fight yourself.

Much love, Robb :)

I have not read the entire thread yet.  I am just responding to the subject question asked.

I too had insane tinnitus for many months.  The first month it was more of less hourly with crazy loud ringing.  At times it was almost unbearable as I couldn't turn it off.  Then it started every few hours or so in the middle of the 2nd month.  By month 3 it was a every other day occurrence.  Toward the end of the 3rd month it started to be more or less just once every week or so.  Now in the 4th month I can say that it is rather RARE that I get it.  I was able to always tell you when it happened or how long it was.  As I sit here right now, thinking back, I do not recall the last time I heard that unpleasant ringing.  Maybe a week or two ago?  Now that I dragged my answer out.  Yes.  It does go away.

The floaters I had rally hardcore in the first 3 weeks.  I also had what I would call "TV Vision".  When looking at solid colored white or beige walls, the walls would look like a TV on snow to me.  It has stopped as well.  I do have occasional floaters.  But just like the tinnitus, it must have been a few weeks since I saw the little suckers floating around me.  So this gets better as well.  Yay!  :yippee:

I have not read the entire thread yet.  I am just responding to the subject question asked.

I too had insane tinnitus for many months.  The first month it was more of less hourly with crazy loud ringing.  At times it was almost unbearable as I couldn't turn it off.  Then it started every few hours or so in the middle of the 2nd month.  By month 3 it was a every other day occurrence.  Toward the end of the 3rd month it started to be more or less just once every week or so.  Now in the 4th month I can say that it is rather RARE that I get it.  I was able to always tell you when it happened or how long it was.  As I sit here right now, thinking back, I do not recall the last time I heard that unpleasant ringing.  Maybe a week or two ago?  Now that I dragged my answer out.  Yes.  It does go away.

The floaters I had rally hardcore in the first 3 weeks.  I also had what I would call "TV Vision".  When looking at solid colored white or beige walls, the walls would look like a TV on snow to me.  It has stopped as well.  I do have occasional floaters.  But just like the tinnitus, it must have been a few weeks since I saw the little suckers floating around me.  So this gets better as well.  Yay!  :yippee:

That's great unr3al. I appreciate the post:) My floaters came in tolerace wd and steadily increased and are here in full force. I imagine they will be the last to go as the first time around the tinnitus disappeared rather quickly. I noticed that these things seem to go away in a sort of reverse order to whence they came. Wonder if anyone else noticed that?

Thanks for giving me hope, Robb :):) 

• 1 month later...

I have never had eye floaters and the tinitus is gone. I am on my cell so I can't update

my dose but I am down to a dose lower than when I went into tolerence withdrawal and not feeling withdrawal symptoms except for an occasional headache when I drop a small dose every three weeks.

I have floaters pretty bad. Quite a bit of them. Some days they are out bad... some days I can't notice them at all. Right now I can't. Usually when I'm out in the sun I can see them. But I'm not sure if ive had floaters pre benzos or not?

I think I have had them pre benzos too? So they don't bother me one bit. You become used to them in a way.. just look past them and you sometimes dont notice them as much.

I think BP effects the floaters too. I notice if I'm having a bad headache or something I can see my floaters more.

Good luck. They are harmless. Google them... most people get them as they age, and they are harmless. =)

Could it be benzo w/d? Probably b/c Ive seen so many people post about them.

But maybe it's not? I'd be interested to see if mine get much better the further I get out? i'll let ya know! =)

Happy Healing!

I am 11 months off and still have a lot of floaters, but my tinnitus has been changing dramatically lately.  The volume has been going down and I even have tinnitus free days now.