• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [...]

• [re...]

• [Ho...]

• [Wh...]

Thanks for responding Lidi.

It's always so wonderful to hear encouragement from the healed ones. 

:mybuddy:

I will 2nd that.  :)

• 4 weeks later...

thanks lidi and whoops

i can tell i am much better but still have a ways to go.

i never would have bel'd it either.  still blows my mind

anyone know much about neural feedback; had about 4 appts.  seems to help unless it is just month 11 getting relief

xoxo

[50...]

Such an aspiring read im so happy that you are finally healed as a fellow c/t and rapid taperer I thank you so much for sharing your journey.  Its a very scary time thats for sure.  Im only five weeks out so I guess by all accounts in approximately 22 months or so I will be healed.    Its such a daunting prospect.

Im so glad for you though looks like you went through hell and survived Im super happy that you got through this and posted your story.

Rebecca thanks so much for sharing that information its probably the most helpful thing I have ever read seeing noone here that I know of in Australia believes the condition to exist quite sad really when there is no validation at all.

Lizzy

Cupcake,  this is just beautiful.  Made me tear up.

Once I had the rarest rose

that ever deemed to bloom

Cruel winter chilled the bud

and stole my flower too soon

Oh loneliness Oh hopelessness

to search the ends of time

For there is in all the world

no greater love than mine.

Leslie,

I think that is an awesome idea!  I live in the big T too.  It would be great to have a place like that where people can go to get support for getting off of benzos and z's.  Please keep us informed of this when you do it.  I would love to spread the word.

DG

leslie, thank you so much for your story.  My story is under mystery1 in blogs.  jackie's horror story.  you give me so much hope.  I have been hopeless and very depressed that i won't get my life back.  I feel like I have lost everything.  now I am trying to save my mind.  I have cut from to 1mg to 0.75 mg to 0.5mg to 0.25 mg over the last 2 months.  I am sick but i think due to taking neurontin this is the first time I am going to make it off benzos.  I am having alot of social anxiety and just don't want to leave the house.  I can read and get on my computer.  I pray alot read positive affirmirtions, avoid stress, right now.  trying to eat better but have no appetite.  I am an RN and have misdiagnosed with bipolar and even got on disability but it has been my benzo use over the last 17 years that has caused all my problems.  it is like my brain is waking up out of a nightmare and I am awake and going what has happened over the last 15 years.  where have I been?  How did I get here?  the angst of this is horrible. 

I have so much shame over the loss of my body.  I have gained 30 lbs.  my face is fat and i have done all kinds of crazy things that I know if I had not been on these drugs I would not have done.  I feel like I have been on a 17 year drunk.  god.  do yall feel this way. 

I am trying to read alot of success stories to keep me going and know that one day I will be ok and maybe go back to work.  I hope some day I can be well enought to fight these damn drugs and do something to help these people suffering.  I would love to work in a clinic helping people in withdrawal.  I know I could help them so much.  I enjoy helping others and animals.  I miss doing this and i long for it again.  any help anyone can give me will be appreciated.  jackie m.

Jackie, tell me about the neurontin and how you think it helped you.  My doctor RX it to me but after doing research on the internet read bad stuff about it- that it either didn't help or made people sick and it was hard to get off off.  What has been your experience?  I am in my third week of tapering off of 25 mg of Valium, down now to 22.  Angelluv

angelluv, I was taken off benzos rapidly 3 x while in the hospital and I was so sick i could not stand it each time one time I was psychotic and crazy.  each time I immediately when back on benzos.  I even tried a 2 yr taper with valium one time and that didn't work. 

I do know that this time, I am on neurontin, which does something to gaba in the brain, and i too read on it and was afraid of it, but decided to stay on it because it seems to help my fibromyalgia pain, which I think is alos rel to benzo use or adrenal fatigue.  but, I have noticed this time coming off benzos, that the withdrawal has been so much easier, altho very uncomfortable.  all I know is that I contribute it the neurontin and have read that this drugs helps withdrawal symptoms.  I plan on getting off of it, but if I can't it will be better i feel than being on benzos and experiening what they have done to my brain.  my mind is getting clearer that it has ever been in years.  I have been crazy, and waking up to this is mind blowing. 

hi buds - a psychiatrist gave me  a script for neurontin for my w/d too.  i only take it when i am so uncomfortable it's almost unbearable because it makes me a little weird and dep.  then i just take a bit of the powder from a capsule. 

my neural feedback guy told me it does work on gabe but not the same way as benzos and he said it is ok.

i just want to say i totally relate to the nightmare experience.  just keep holding on.  it will get better.  my stress is rough at times still and depression but in those other months it was horrible.  the benzo hell.  i was afraid of what my next thought would be.  it was beyond belief;  our hardest trial for sure.  we are here for each other.

it will get better.  :smitten:

• 8 years later...