Fluoride Toxcitity

[Ho...]

Hockeygal, another good "toothpaste" is Eco-Dent, one we've been using for many years.  It's in a powdered form, and has no glycerine.

Kat

We can't get that here, though! :(  Tom's has one for sensitive teeth but that contains fluoride.  Theyr ruined their deodorant too when they added hops to it.  My sister used to use it but had to give it when they added hops because it broke her out all the time.  Guess that's what happens when you are bought out by Colgate-Palmolive.

Thanks for all of this wonderful information....a little over 3 years ago I had a severe reaction to Levaquin and was hospitalized and almost died. I have severe muscle weakness and still am not able to drive. My arms and hands are weak and numb...but yet feel so very heavy. I have had sooo much muscle and joint burning and tenderness. I have had extreme anxiety...fatigue....eyes are blurry and skin is very itch and feels as if bees are stinging me. My legs feel like jelly. I was put on Xanax after this happened to me and am now Xanax free for 21 1/2 months and still struggling with the withdrawal/recovery of this drug. Two very toxic drugs Benzo's and Fluoroqionolones!!!!!! I have severe heart palps and blood pressure issues. I use to be pretty healthy. I had many new symptoms and still felt awful at 2 1/2 years out from Levaquin. Patty is right Levaquin and Xanax mimic the same side effects so I have no idea which is causing the most havoc on my body right now...I was also double whammied so my Central Nervous System is just so messed up that I feel this is why I am still suffering so bad. I also have the shakes and tremors and major vertigo....but the muscle weakness especially arms and hands has never improved since taking Levaquin. There are days that my legs feel stronger but for the most part they feel like jelly legs. Takes me forever to type and many breaks in between. Take care my friend it is a very long journey but with Patty's support and knowledge I too feel we will eventually heal.

I'm so sorry, Putter. Yes, that was a very severe reaction. i share the arm and hand weakness, also neck, chewing and talking issues, as well as some of your other symptoms. they did not appear until well after my Cipro exposure (except for the internal vibrations and faciculations, which appeared a few months out). by that time, i had already been given baclofen, then ativan. so at 17 months post cipro, i wonder why symptoms would be worsening. i'm down really low on ativan, but have to do a painfully slow taper due to these symptoms.  do you happen to have any idea how long cipro symptoms would keep worsening, or do you think it is probably all benzo w/d related by this time???  I don't know how to get the answer to this.....

jeanie

I think I will be able to answer this when I am 2 years out or maybe even 27 months out from Xanax. I think Benzo withdrawal and Levaquin/Cipro toxicty cause so much of the same side effects it is hard telling  which one is causing the most havoc.....I think that once I am oh about 24-27 months Benzo free I will be able to tell you more. Sorry right now it is so hard to tell.....I just know they are both awful drugs to recover from. I am so sorry that I can not answer this question for you right now...I will be 2 years Xanax free on September 5th and am still struggling terribly...muscle weakness....balance is way off still also.....anxiety...well you know all the stuff I listed before. I have so much tendon pain. Sorry for your pain...hang in there...hopefully this will all be over soon and life will be good again.

Jeanie,

I was just wondering if you also tried using a shower filter to get rid of impurities in the water?  When I first started using one years ago, I immediately felt a difference in the water, my skin, hair, etc.  Just curious.  Let me know if staying away from fluoride helps out.  I don't use any toothpaste with fluoride either, by the way, since it is a toxin.

Good luck

I found some new fluoride articles for everyone to peruse. I make no judgement as to their accuracy, but find them very interesting even if there's only a thread of truth.

Jeanie

An assortment of articles:

http://www.naturalnews.com/fluoride.html

Philadelphia suburb to end water fluoridation:

http://www.naturalnews.com/033496_Philadelphia_water_fluoridation.html

Fishingguy:  I put on the only shower filter I could find that even mentions reducing fluoride but I don't think it does much. It would take a whole house reverse osmosis system to do this effectively and that's not a possibility in my condo complex. I just try to limit shower time exposure. sure wish I lived in a place that didn't fluoridate but alas, that's not in beautiful southern california.

Jeanie