Is exercise bad at night ?

[Se...]

Hi everybody

My Dr has just said to me not to do any exercise at night because it can cause me insomnia. I used to do a lot when I was able and I thought it was better for getting tire and then get better sleep. Any experiences ?

THe new wisdom for battling insomnia includes not exercising in the 2-3 hours before bed. However, the insomnia we have in w/d and tapering doesn't abide by the rules of wisdom. I would suggest you do whatever works for you. I found that benzo-related insomnia is tough. I tried all kinds of meds for it and basically nothing worked more than just a little. The real cure was time.

I've heard that too.  In my experience, if I workout late (within a couple hours of going to bed) I have a harder time falling asleep.  Now that I'm still sensitive to things, I really avoid late night gym runs.

Good luck!

Agreed.  I was jogging on my treadmill for a cardio workout about 1-2 hours before my bedtime for a few days one week and it really effected my sleep.  Now I try to work out in the morning or during my lunch break.