Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

on traz 15+ years--up to 300 mgs, then back to 200--issues

[ju...]

Have never been much of a good undrugged sleeper. Was told by parents that I had what I recognise as an insecure attachment style--felt like anxiety at the time; always worried about bullying at school, and so on. Into street drugs and alcohol early; weed helped sleep immensely, and did act as a gateway into the other stuff. Alcohol stayed with me.

Off it and anything illegal, and down to 0.25 Klon, from 2 mg/24 hrs, as recently as 2 years ago. Like ETOH, though, trazadone has been a long-term companion. Been on it from between 15 to 20 yrs. B/c of shelter living situation, asked pdoc to bump me back up from 200 mgs to 300 mgs--to deal with noise and heat and pretty much knocl me out. (And to act as another buffer between a Klon cut and reality, I suppose.)

The sedation was entirely too much, night Klon or none.  Went back to 200 mgs, and 0.25 Klon, and a sprinkling of Neurontin. I never feel entirely rested. Am pretty sure that all of this would be a lot easier if I were alone someplace, in a tiny apartment, with cool and quiet and a white noise machine to help me get through. No such options exist. Have filed for SSDI and been turned down; att'y says expect a 12-month period until my admin hearing.

How do I make this situation better? My brain is taking it up the u-n-what, no lube.

Thank you :'(