• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [hi...]

• [Co...]

• [bo...]

• [Th...]

Top Posters In This Topic

:yippee:

Well here is some good news. I have been following the taper schedule and have not had one bad symptom. I am exercising daily, eating well, sleeping like a baby and not anxious at all. I have just started to taper from .375 mark and will continue to follow the taper as Colin planned. 

If in ain't broke, don't fix it

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I should start a blog, but I am just too lazy, so I will just keep you guys and gals posted on here.

I am down to 62 mg in my cylinder, heading to the big .25 goal. I have been relatively sypmptom free, a few sleepless nights,( but I had them way before Klonopin) and some wired feelings which could be from my accessive caffeine and aspertane use.

I think there are some things that are helping me.

- Taking time to carefully prepare the taper ( It gives me a sense of taking real responsibility for the taper)

- Recognizing that some days are always going to be more anxious than others regardless of taper or non taper- that is life

- Not getting hung up in my own stuff so much.

- Exercising at least 30-40 minutes every day

- Drinking 8 glasses of water ( don't know if this does a damn thing, but the Placbo effect has been proven

- Relaxing with a good book at night and some chamomile tea.

-Participating---it is so easy for me to lock my doors and watch tv...I force myself to go somewhere besides work.This weekend I was forced to go see Sex and the City :crazy: and I liked it.

- Meditation, prayer or journal writing.

- Checking in here at least one time a day, even if I don't write anything. But the old AA/NA philosophy of "You Gotta Give it Away to Keep it" applies here. Helping another sufferer helps me.

Peace bros and sisters

• 2 weeks later...

hitman,

Sounds like your doing great.I was on the same as you. Dry cut all the down to 1/8 pill and tonight will be my first with nothing. I did good the whole time. I wish you luck.

:thumbsup:

I feel  good. I am halfway home...now at .25 had literally NO symptoms from the .50 to .25 cut.

The milk taper really seems to work. I am thinking that perhaps, now I could do dry cut since it has been relatively easy. Any suggestions on that, or is it recommeded to not make that change.  I would really like to get off before August. I have plenty of pills, but I am sick of the Klonopin circus and it is a slow process this milk taper( but it works!)

• 3 weeks later...

Hey hitman,

Haven't heard from ya. Just wanted to pop in and see how you are doingand say  Thank you very much for your words of encouragement in my thread.

You should be getting pretty close by now. I hope you are still doing good! I have enjoyed watching your progress..

Please let us know how you are :)

TAKE CARE!

-Scott

• 2 weeks later...

:thumbsup:

I am doing great......Heading for the last roundup with the Klonopin taper. After I made the cut to .125, I stabilized for a week and now I am cutting the pills to complete. So far so good. Anxious to get off the stuff, and since I have been symptom free from .1mg till now, I figure I can take it a bit faster.

Hope these last days are a okay.

hitman60

People are going to be so jealous of your symptom-free taper. On the bell curve of benzo w/d, pebbles seems to be on one end and you are on the other. 

Hope you stay symptom-free.  I see from your titration schedule that you were originally going to take your last dose at the end of August.  How much sooner are you thinking of doing it?  Will you be reducing your intake a little bit every day or so?  You will probably be fine but I would err on the side of caution.  Speed up but don't crash!

Good luck.  :thumbsup:

hitman

you have done an excellent job!!...thank you for keeping everyone updated..... your taper proves that it doesn't have to be a nightmare to get off this poison.... slow and easy does it, just like you have done, a+ job.......  i look forward to your benzo free post.... it'll come soon enough.

keep up the great job,

scott

I took my last dose yesterday. As of today 07-31-08, I am benzo free.

Thank you all for your support. I am going to hang around to see if I can help others.

As of today 07-31-08, I am benzo free.

Thank you all for your support. I am going to hang around to see if I can help others.

First, congratulations, of course.  It was perhaps a long time coming but going slow was obviously the way to go for you.  You will be able to encourage a lot of people, particularly newbies and those contemplating or using titration.  Thanks for sticking around.  :thumbsup:

• 3 months later...

Hey gang....

The truth is that tapers are possible and getting of benzos does work. I have been free now for a few months and feel wonderful. I take no medications except my Lipitor for cholesterol and vitamins.

Here is an interesting addendum in my scenerio.  I figured that even though I was off the klonopin, I would have to learn to live with my anxiety without medication by exercising, eating well, prayer and meditation. But when I went to get my yearly physical, my doctor said my testosterone level was so low that I needed to get testosterone supplement replacement. a simple gel that I rub on each day. I researched it extensively because I did not want to take another drug that I would have to withdraw from...This is a hormone, not a manufactured drug.  I started using the gel about a month ago....boom---no anxiety, irritability or depression and my libido has improved  :laugh:

My point is to men out there. If you are experiencing symptoms of anxiety, sleeplessness, worry, irritability, depression, etc....check with your doctor, because it may not be classic anxiety that needs medication, it could be a hormonal thing that is easy to fix.

Stay warm.

hitman

That is great news, hitman!  We often recommend that the women get their hormones and thyroid check when symptoms persist, so it makes sense the same could be causing a problem for the men. Thanks for coming back with that helpful information.  Peace out.  :thumbsup:

Hi,

It is all too easy to blame everything that is wrong with us on the benzos, or the return of some kind of anxiety disorder after withdrawal of benzos. It pays to have ourselves checked out if we have any doubts about the cause of our symptoms.

Thanks for letting us know about this, Hitman.