Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Trazadone?

[An...]

It's been 10 days of only 3 hours of sleep per night. My sleep throughout my taper has been pretty good. Benadryl and then melatonin helped for awhile. Now they aren't working. I can't not sleep and work full-time. I can feel myself falling apart. My doc suggested trazadone, any reason why this might mess up my taper? Thanks!

[33...]

Trazodone made me feel wasted. I'm not talking about a good euphoric wasted, as some may like.

I'm talking about wasted as in wasted.

I walked out in front of oncoming traffic and everything else.

Well I use to take trazadone in college, and I never had horrible side effects, but I was also not going through benzo w/d. I'm hoping to only take it once a week. Ugh not sure.

I was prescribed 50-150mg trazadone for sleep and found it worked best at the lower dose.  Unfortunately, I always got a headache the next day and felt really dull and stupid so stopped using it.

PS-

Remeron helped (I'm not suggesting it, but honestly it did).

It worked, and still works for me as well. The weight gain sucks however.

I am now taking 62.5mgs of Trazodone and have for about 3 weeks now...I tried it early in benzo w/d and it did nothing...I am almost 10 months off now and it does work now...

I agree that it makes me feel "dull" and I have had more headaches than normal, but it is a small price to pay for sleeping consistently 6-8 hours every night...I plan to taper off of it in a few months...I've already gone from 100mgs to 62.5 so I'm pretty happy about that.

I have not gained any weight on it...I do find that more is not better...I'm sleeping better at 62.5mgs than I was at 100mgs.

Personally I have found trazodone useful for sleep, in the 50-100 mg range.  I may be different to others, as the drug doesn't make me feel too bombed out the next day.  Some also think it has a slower tolerance build than many other drugs, but I haven't taken it long enough to know.  If I had been sleeping only 3 hours a night for 10 nights in a row then I'd be happy to try almost anything for sleep for a while, as long as it didn't work via GABA receptors (which trazodone doesn't as far as I know).

I took Trazodone for a decade and never once had to increase the dose...then I had a break from it, but benzo w/d let me back to it...ug!

I am currently on 200mg of trazadone.  The pdoc thought it would help me taper down off the clonazepam.  The problem with this drug is it dries out your mouth and I have dental problems now because of it.  So I would be careful with how much and how long you are taking it for.

Down to 3.5mg of clonazepam, 200mg of trazadone and 30mg of remeron.

[33...]

PS-

Remeron helped (I'm not suggesting it, but honestly it did).

It worked, and still works for me as well. The weight gain sucks however.

Yes, the Remeron worked good for me.

(I'm not suggesting it).

I fell asleep within 15 minutes after taking it.

I did eat a lot after taking it, tho. I ate donuts and everything else, but then fall over.

Trazodone gave me a horrible stuffy nose and dry mouth so much that I couldn't sleep.  It was too bothersome for me so I stopped.  ...and this was at 50 mgs.