Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
A Request for Help from Members BIC (Benzodiazepine Information Coalition) ×
  • Please Donate

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Donate with PayPal button

Is trazadone a good alternative while GABA heal

[bl...]

Hi BB,

As some of you may know I have had a lifelong struggle with insomnia. I took Ambien for 6years and have been free of it for 3 weeks. This is when all hell broke loose. I did not sleep for 3 weeks and last night took a 5mg of Valium. I was wondering if trazadone is a good alternative to take while my GABA try to heal themselves? I was on trazadone before with good results.

Thanks,

Blessed78

There are worse things you can take. It should have no effect on GABA. I still say no drugs is best but if you have to take something like I said there are worse choices.

I have taken it on and off for 10 years. I have no side effects and I seem to be able to drop it when the time is right without side effects. That is my experience. Others here have had different experiences.

I am contemplating the same drug blessed78. My fear is not so much with the effects on GABA, as it works by serotonergic mechanisms (which you probably already know ;D), but with the fact that it will be just another drug I will have to withdraw from. I also fear it's loss of effectiveness over time, but I'm not too sure about that. I have an Aunt who has used it for years with good results. The one thing that alarms me though, is the fact that she gets no sleep when she occasionally forgets to fill her prescription in time.