Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Constant Anxiety

[da...]

Has to be the worst symptom of all my history of symptoms. Hands down. 

you ever get anxiety and brain fog so bad that you just have to shut your eyes and quit what ever it is that you’re doing cause the confusion & racing thoughts are just so intense? 

Hi Dave, yes on your question.  I've found myself just sitting in my chair like a zombie, not watching TV, and no music.  Nothing but my Tinnitus app on phone because my T spikes with anxiety.  Sometimes I think the T is a good distraction from the other crap going through my head.

Then it gets better eventually.  I'll usually fall asleep when my brain wears itself out, and things get better after a nap, not super great, but I can go on after that, oregonlady :hug:

• Like 2

This has been my worst symptom. Although the depression seems to be giving it a run for its money at the moment. They seem to chop and change. The depression I have right now is pretty much debilitating.

I could barely sit and watch a football match for 5 mins. My head is just being bombarded with intrusive thoughts and it takes it's toll. I can barely look at people or speak to them.

I hope it passes soon. In the Ashton manual It says these symptoms dissipate over 3-6 months for depression and 6- 12 for anxiety. Although this is obviously just an estimate.

• Like 2

To me, GAD or the constant feelings of anxiety is much worse than the sporadic crescendo panic and anxiety attacks. Yep, I know exactly how you feel @[jo...]. Hang in there, my friend.

• Like 1

The important thing to remember, no matter how crappy we feel, is that it will get better. I had about a week of horrible insomnia and was so disconnected during the days that I felt like I was watching myself from somewhere else--think that is what is called depersonalization, but I hadn't experienced it before.I just hung in with my same dose and one night I slept for about 7 hours and have felt great ever since, even though I reduced the dose a tiny bit (about 1% I think). I try to remember what some wise soul on here said too. If we're having symptoms it's because our brains are waking up, rebuilding, repairing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, [[A...] said:

If we're having symptoms it's because our brains are waking up, rebuilding, repairing.

Definitely. You can look at your brain fog and anxiety as the noise caused by construction work in the brain. 

You work in construction right Dave? So you know how loud, dirty, and irritating it is when it is going on, but you also know that it needs to occur in order for a properly functional end product like a refurbished building (brain) to exist.

Anxiety and racing thoughts can be a loop that is hard to stop. Anxiety causes racing thoughts and the fear of those racing thoughts cause more anxiety.

My two biggest fears, when I was oblivious to how our brain works, was...

1. This means I am losing my mind, going crazy, etc.

2. This is permanent.

Both are not the case. Therefor, the content of the racing/intrusive thoughts is irrelevant. It doesn't matter what they are about as they don't signify a loss of sanity and they WILL eventually leave as your anxiety subsides.

Edited by [Cr...]
  • Like 3

On 15/06/2024 at 11:14, [[j...] said:

This has been my worst symptom. Although the depression seems to be giving it a run for its money at the moment. They seem to chop and change. The depression I have right now is pretty much debilitating.

I could barely sit and watch a football match for 5 mins. My head is just being bombarded with intrusive thoughts and it takes it's toll. I can barely look at people or speak to them.

I hope it passes soon. In the Ashton manual It says these symptoms dissipate over 3-6 months for depression and 6- 12 for anxiety. Although this is obviously just an estimate.

Jonwill, how long did ypu take benzos for? 

8 minutes ago, [[j...] said:

I ve been on them a few times quite short term but enough to cause me a problem. you can read it in my history.

👍🏻