Benzo taper question

[ba...]

Hi guys so the rough guide of 10 percent every couple weeks to three weeks has got me thinking that wouldn't I, as I've still got a long time, get tolerance to clonazepam over the course of an 8 months taper hoping longer but this doctor i feel is my last chance and i got him by googling over snd over?

Three mg down and doc said he will reevaluate it at 4mg but sorry I'm going to be at 5 mg on the 1st and it's been 0.5 every two weeks while taking mirtazipine for sleep which I need upped from the same doctor which stops working every few days. 

Got me thinking this about any long term taper via the ashton manual or similar tapering methods using different percentages and or times when to cut ot hold.

I have yet to see what my doctor does when I ask him all of this on a phone consult tomorrow (u got it that's causing anxiety).

I'm also on pregablin which helps my testicular pain and I discovered wow this intensifies my benzos. 

Thus I'm in a world of trouble.

Any input would help and sorry if I'm asking too many questions.

[Bu...]

Hey @[ba...]

Remind me again how long you've been taking clonazepam before you started tapering?  This would be relevant for how long of a taper is necessary.

[ba...]

Hey @[Bu...] been taking clonaxepam fot approximatrly 2 to 3 years prior to the taper.

I was at about 8 mg roughly. 

Thanks my friend. I switched after taking Ativan which I believe was somewhat smart because lorazepam is an automatic switchover and it stopped working.

Thanks and unfortunately maybe fortunately I don't have in person meetings which may help may hurt.

He did say we will re avuluate at 4m that was a couple months ago.

Maybe I get him to reevaluate it now as I literally can't function.

He's kind but everything makes me nervous. Thankfully the spppinyment is at 5pm. 

He's a gp-scientist and not a benzo expert my title. From experience experts have failed me lol.

[Bu...]

@[ba...],

Since you've been on Clonazepam for that long, the longer taper really is necessary to avoid complications.  I know it's hard, but try not to worry about what could happen regarding tolerance.  It happens to some people and doesn't to others.  Either way, the way to deal with it is generally the same, getting off as safely as possible.  

And I don't know of too many of us who have a "benzos expert" for a doctor to help us get off.  I sure didn't.  I just had my gp who was prescribing the meds.  It was a little rocky, but I got off 8 months ago.  You'll get there too.  

If I were you, I would definitely tell your doctor how you're feeling and ask if you can slow down and see if you feel any better.  He sounds like he would be open to this, yes?  And I know it's nerve racking talking to doctors and trying to make people understand, but just remember to breathe.  Sometimes I would write out what I wanted to say ahead of time, like a script, so that I said everything that I wanted to say.  It might be worth trying for you too.

[ba...]

@burntheships he does seem open. And u answered my questions. Also I will pre write.

I will get there with people like you having my back!

• Like 1

[69...]