Tinnitus Relief that may help you too

[Le...]

I went through a protracted withdrawal that I really dont care to ever discuss but I may be able to help some people with their tinnitus. 

I was just taken off 2mg per day of clonazepam once after 2 years use. I wasnt even warned that withdrawl was a thing. When I got sick I tried to get in touch with the doctor but was told I was no longer his patient. It took me 4 months for me to become coherent enough to use google to figure out what was happening and 2 years to become in any way functional but I still had one very bad symptom. Tinnitus. Worse in one ear always and it never stopped improving but was still bad enough I rarely slept or could focus on anything else. 

Long story short I decided to try a holistic approach for quite a while with diet, as much exercise as I could manage (4mi elliptical per day), all the calming things you can imagine. No luck though it did improve a little.

When I decided to try to fix my posture everything changed. A couple days of stretches I found on the internet. Mostly reaching over my head to grab near the opposite ear and pull gentle until loosened some. Day 4 I got in to a physiotherapist and he gave me some strengthening exercises I added to my routine.  About 6 times per day. Day 7 i would say my tinnitus was at 5% or so and has never stopped improving. I still am stretching it out cause it comes back at times but only to a degree I just notice it. 

The way i think of it is I have always had neck tension as an anxiety symptom but neck tension also causes anxiety. It was bad enough that it was feeding off itself never letting me snap out of it. 

So many things have improves since that I doubt I could list them in the few hrs left in the day. 

I really hope this helps someone. 

PS fk drug pushing pseudoscientist pricks. 

• Like 2

[Re...]

Hello @[Le...], Welcome to BenzoBuddies,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! We need stories like yours, it gives us hope that recovery is indeed possible and we will get better. 

Tinnitus is a symptom most of us deal with on a daily basis, I am certain people will try this technique for some relief!

Please, in time, consider filling your history and think about sharing your progress in your profile. 

Let us know if we can support you, too. 

Take care, 

RR

• Like 1

[PE...]

I have a very good posture from lifting weights. 

But still have tinnitus. 

[Le...]

it wont be the solution for everyone but there is a fair bit of info out there about musculoskeletal causes of tinnitus and being in decent shape but still having it happens. i run 4mi per day. 

some good indicators are lopsided tension and posture. 

• Like 1

[Le...]

also dont discount the tension related issues that go to extremes in people who endure things like many people here including me. 

• Like 2

[Le...]
11 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

So maybe mine would be worse if i didn't gym.

I would more suggest why not do a few weeks of limbering up those neck and shoulder muscles and see what happens. worst case scenario your neck is a bit healthier. :)

• Like 1

[ge...]
17 hours ago, [[L...] said:

I went through a protracted withdrawal that I really dont care to ever discuss but I may be able to help some people with their tinnitus. 

I was just taken off 2mg per day of clonazepam once after 2 years use. I wasnt even warned that withdrawl was a thing. When I got sick I tried to get in touch with the doctor but was told I was no longer his patient. It took me 4 months for me to become coherent enough to use google to figure out what was happening and 2 years to become in any way functional but I still had one very bad symptom. Tinnitus. Worse in one ear always and it never stopped improving but was still bad enough I rarely slept or could focus on anything else. 

Long story short I decided to try a holistic approach for quite a while with diet, as much exercise as I could manage (4mi elliptical per day), all the calming things you can imagine. No luck though it did improve a little.

When I decided to try to fix my posture everything changed. A couple days of stretches I found on the internet. Mostly reaching over my head to grab near the opposite ear and pull gentle until loosened some. Day 4 I got in to a physiotherapist and he gave me some strengthening exercises I added to my routine.  About 6 times per day. Day 7 i would say my tinnitus was at 5% or so and has never stopped improving. I still am stretching it out cause it comes back at times but only to a degree I just notice it. 

The way i think of it is I have always had neck tension as an anxiety symptom but neck tension also causes anxiety. It was bad enough that it was feeding off itself never letting me snap out of it. 

So many things have improves since that I doubt I could list them in the few hrs left in the day. 

I really hope this helps someone. 

PS fk drug pushing pseudoscientist pricks. 

Can you share some of the strengthening exercises? Thank you for sharing.

jim

• Like 1

[Le...]

after you have started limbering the neck and shoulders start backing up to a wall and keeping your butt and shoulderblades touching. keep your head upright and raise your arms up bend like goalposts. start lowering the elbows until you feel the strain. no rush. repeat. do many times per day. 

next get a broom and a cloth. approach a wall face first until your hips touch then place the cloth between your forehead and the wall. head straight but enough pressure to keep the cloth in place. this forces you to keep the right posture. the cloth will drop otherwise. raise your arms in a Y shape holding one end of the broom in each hand. slowly lower it behind your neck until there is strain. some stretching some muscle strain will be felt. 

stretch neck out again. 

i did this about 10 min 6 times per day. some breaks cause or soreness. 

• Like 5

[re...]

Stretching is helping me big time with everything. And specifically I find some mornings when my tinnitus is at it's worst on waking a big in bed stretch without the yawn sometimes relieves it so you are on to  something with this I think. 

[ns...]

I've found thar tension is the cause of tinnitus for most. Anxiety causes tension. I've lived with it for over 4 yrs. I used earplugs for quite awhile off and. I never allowed myself to become dependent on the plugs though.

I've learned to ignore this awful symptom. It's always there, sometimes it's worse than others. Worst case it's like a digital scratching sound from an old microphone that's turned up loud on rotten speakers!

I began sitting with noise in the living room with the plugs. Eventually without. Getting used to everyday sound, dog barking, TV, children playing outside etc.

Now, the only time I use the plugs is in the store where there's blaring loud speaker and music. 

I've managed to just tune it out and it's getting less and less unless there's stress from my dose symptoms which can get intense at times.

I don't reach for the plugs then, I just ignore the symptom and it gets less and less over time like most symptoms, don't give them attention and they will subside enough to be tolerable. There are exceptions to this however. 

Ns

• Like 3

[PE...]

In my accute it was crazy. Like someone screamed in my head. The only time i think of it now is when i read about it. From a high pitch oscillator to a more white noise kinda sound.

It resolves by it self.

2 hours ago, [[L...] said:

• Like 2

[Le...]

single tone stuff is what i had constantly. though i did occasionally get pulsatile when both worked up about something and laying down. both arent affecting me right now though since the T was gone I am rarely severely worked up. 

• Like 1

[Sw...]

@[Le...] this makes a lot of sense. Time I’m sure was a big cornerstone and then the discipline to do the stretches. When I used to get regular massage I had improvements too that lasted. I think for myself personally I need a nervous system reboot/reset. I have multiple tones and multiple etiologies! But I too see continued improvement as early as month 5! Thank the Lord. I just want MORE improvement. 

[Le...]

had that all too. sudden bursts louder again the. settling down a bit.  so many weird things. 

[Al...]
On 25/04/2024 at 13:17, [[L...] said:

it wont be the solution for everyone but there is a fair bit of info out there about musculoskeletal causes of tinnitus and being in decent shape but still having it happens. i run 4mi per day. 

some good indicators are lopsided tension and posture. 

Could you give a bit more info or a link to the exercises? Any more info you can share.?

[Al...]
1 hour ago, [[A...] said:

Could you give a bit more info or a link to the exercises? Any more info you can share.?

I did a google search and a YouTube search and found a mountain of information.  Thank you for enlightening me.  This could be very helpful. if this is contributing to my T. 

• Like 1

I am fairly sure the distress triggers the tinnitus and the tension makes it much worse. Relaxing those muscles reduces it and as it gets less the distress from the T gets less too. Step by step your tension gets less then the distress from the T gets less over and over until you do much better. 

It is sort of like trying to use propanolol to treat anxiety symptoms.  Once it removes some of the physical symptoms you can relax more easily.