Daily Mail: I was sectioned after being given a tranquiliser for anxiety that triggered a frightening slide into psychosis + Petition

[...]

Daily Mail: I was sectioned after being given a tranquiliser for anxiety that triggered a frightening slide into psychosis. But the worst part of my ordeal was how doctors tried to cure me

Take a look at the latest article shedding light on Emma's experience, adversely affected by a benzodiazepine prescribed for tinnitus. 

The article features Nicole Lamberson, PA, our medical director. Unfortunately, despite being educated on the topic, the article misuses addiction language. Nonetheless, Nicole did her best to raise awareness about akathisia and benzodiazepine harm.

"We hear regularly that someone has taken their own life because the agony of akathisia and drug withdrawal was too much to bear."  

READ ARTICLE

Call to Action

The author of this Daily Mail piece, Katinka Blackford Newman, launched a petition to persuade suicide prevention services in the UK to ask callers if they have gone on, changed dose or come off meds. 

PETITION

• Like 2