Help with taper with liquid clonazepam

[ki...]

Hello peeps! 

EDIT:

I know how to do the maths now using the website the withdrawal project. 

My main issue is I'm tapering using clonazepam thame liquid 5ml/0.5mg

I'm wanting to taper 5% exponentially. This means measuring liquid to the hundredth of a millilitre eg 0.06ml

Im looking for possibility to dilute the solution so I can increase the scale. Of measurements and get more accuracy but The medication is oil based and as libertas  kindly pointed out won't mix with water. 

Does anyone have experience micro tapering with this clonazepam thame or any further suggestions

Will it really have much affect if it's not super accurate at the 0.01 increments 

Brief background

-Been on Clonazepam tablets 0.5mg, daily for one year. 

- previously tried to taper to 0.25mg. (was awful, couldn't function, badly affected me cognitively emotionally and physically) 

- certain I've reached some Level Of tolerance. It only. Makes sure I sleep but I feel worse generally 

Currently

-I've been prescribed the liquid solution from pharmacy. So 5ml equal 0.5mg.

-My taper schedule was given by the negligent people. That prescribed me in the first place so I don't think any thought has gone into it

- Taper given is reduce by 0.1ml every two weeks.  Every three weeks once I reach 0.2ml dose. 

Concerns and questions/advice needed:

- I've read recommended is reduce by percentage of current dose. 

- I've read to reduce by 5-10% yo reduce harm (I don't care how long it takes my health is priority

SO this is where I'm stuck, I want to go ahead with a micro taper as two days into reducing 20% to 0.4 and I can feel that it's too fast. Brian feels weird, physically bad and just it's too fast. 

But with reducing by 5% or 10% of the current dose I can't work out how I'm going to be able to measure those doses to accurately take. 

These are my calculatuons

1st taper - 10% of 0.5ml  = 0.45 ml

2nd taper - 10% of 0.45ml = 0.405ml

3rd taper - 10% of 0.405 = 0.3645ml

So this seems impossible to taper to, how do people do it. 

Is it better and safe to just reduce by a smaller about of ml every time, would that still be an effective microdose. 

My thinking based upon nothing but it being a smaller reduction is just to reduce by 0.03ml at a time as syringes have a 0.01ml increments. 

0.03ml would be %6 percent reduction at every taper level but not a reduction of the current dose. 

Help😭😂 please and thank you all

Edited by [ki...]

[Ru...]

@[ki...] I hope others will chime here and get you the answers you need!

Best wishes!! I hope everything goes well for you during the taper!

[Li...]

Hello @[ki...].  I just noticed you have multiple posts on multiple topics (threads) on our Taper Strategies forum.   It would help us help you if you would use just one topic (thread) moving forward.  To learn more about how to use and navigate BenzoBuddies:

BB 101: Beginner's Guide

Here’s your post from the other thread:

You shared several pieces of important information in this post.  For example, the taper plan your doctor suggested and how you reacted to it, the fact that you appear to be using the clonazepam oral solution from Thame Laboratories, and the concentration of that liquid (0.5mg/5ml).  You also asked a question about diluting that liquid with water.

Here’s my response to that question:

Is this the liquid you have?

Clonazepam Thame 0.5mg/5ml Oral Solution

If so, I’m not sure diluting it with water is an option.  Its excipients are a tiny amount of 96% ethanol and medium chain triglycerides.  As the saying goes, “Oil and water don’t mix.”

Would it be possible use a 1mL syringe with graduation marks every 0.01mL to measure the liquid?  Or, is it too viscous? 

Edited by [Li...]
Typo

[ki...]

Hello sorry about the multiple posts  I'll check put the guidance

Thanks for your response and having a look into the med. 

Yes I have the clonazepam Thame 5ml/0.5mg.

I was looking at the 0.01 syringes as best option. And I've since got my head around the maths required to make whatever slow taper I want. 

The liquid is pretty viscous so my concern is the level of accuracy I'm able to get with 0.01 denominations. 

It does also come. In 2mg/5ml but I can't for the life of me work out if that would mean I could upscale the measurements for my tapering or it brings it way smaller. I'm thinking the latter. 

I'm going to 0.01 kind of scale so I can do 5% exponetial cut and holds. As I'm super sensitve with previous attempts and also have PTSD. 

If there's no way to dilute I guess just being as accurate as possible is the way to go.

Cutting/weighing tablets seems like it might also have a similar degree of inaccuracy?

I just can't find any other people experience with the solution I'm on so it's hard to compare or gather experience to help inform myself on what a micro taper might be like with it

Thanks again for any input to my situation much appreciated! 

[Li...]
29 minutes ago, [[k...] said:

It does also come. In 2mg/5ml but I can't for the life of me work out if that would mean I could upscale the measurements for my tapering or it brings it way smaller. I'm thinking the latter. 

Given the dose you are tapering, you would not want to use a more concentrated liquid. Using a more concentrated liquid would decrease both accuracy and precision of measurement.

[ki...]

OK thank you that's what I thought it's more concentrated not less

• Like 1

[Li...]
19 minutes ago, [[k...] said:

I just can't find any other people experience with the solution I'm on

I don’t recall any members who have used the Thame formulation.  You might try contacting PostScript360 to ask if they have experience with it.