Endoscopy and Midazolam

[Re...]

Have to have an endoscopy. On  meds clonezapam, queriepine, pregabalin, mirtazapine and venlafaxine for severe GAD.  I have gone down from 4mg to 0.75 of clonzapam which I have been holding since last October.  I am reducing Queriapine at the moment and gone from 125mg a day to 75mg.  

I am worried about having to have Midazolam administered whilst on my benzo for the endoscopy.  There is an alternative to the endoscopy which is a barium swallow but involves x-ray radiation and I have had quite a few x rays and investigations over the years so radiation exposure not ideal.  Got to work out the best of the two evils.

Thank you

[Do...]

Hi,

I gotta have an endoscopy too but i have cancelled it for now, i have checked my other endoscopies (need to have 1 every 3 years) and they used Propofol as anesthesy and it is a Gaba medication and would totally mess up with my withdrawal.

You have gone a long way down from 4mg to 0.75mg i would be very carefull if they are gonna use gaba medications like Midazolam. Ask for every option or delay it if you can.

Take care.

Edited by [Do...]

[Re...]
3 hours ago, [[D...] said:

Hi,

I gotta have an endoscopy too but i have cancell it for now, i have checked my other endoscopies (need to have 1 every 3 years) and they used Propofol as anesthesy and it is a Gaba medication and would totally mess up with my withdrawal.

You have gone a long way down from 4mg to 0.75mg i would be very carefull is they are gonna use gaba medications like Midazolam. Ask for every option or delay it if you can.

Take care.

[Re...]

Thanks. I will probably go for the barium swallow instead as that is option for me. 

• Like 1