New here. I have been on Clonapazem for 3 years now. Trying to taper it down.

[tu...]

Hello everyone,

I hope you all are doing well.

I have been taking the Clonapazem medicine for 3 years now as a SOS medicine. I havent been taking it daily but whenever there has been too much anxiety and depression. My anxiety and depression has caused me huge stomach pain and brain freeze. Is it due to AD and clonapazem I am taking? 

[Re...]

Hello @[tu...], Welcome to BenzoBuddies,

Severe anxiety and depression are really difficult to deal with, I know myself and I am really sorry. 

Could you tell us maybe how often and how much clonazepam you have been taking? What has been the reason for you taking the medicine? 

Many people do report worsening anxiety, GIT symptoms and memory problems when being on a benzodiazepine for longer periods, some adverse effect are listed in the Ashton manual (which is a good source of information in general and worth reading). 

Please let us know how we can support you. 

We are glad you joined us! 

RR

[tu...]

Hello @[Re...]

Thank you for welcoming me.

I have been taking clonazepam in every 3-4 days from past 3 years. My main reason has been too much stress and loneliness. I have been going through very bad financial condition. Whatever I earn, I give it to my family to support them. Plus I dont have any partner in life. There has been some career issues also which has been happening. All this contributed to lots of anxiety.

[tu...]

I wanted to ask about taking it sporadically and if it can cause problems and if others are doing the same and if it's causing symptoms for them and even if tapering is even necessary since I don't take it every day.

[tu...]

Yesterday, I had a very bad panic attack due to which my stomach pained a lot and my brain froze for sometime and I was unable to think.

[Re...]

I believe it is possible to form dependency even with taking the medication sporadically for years. How deep the dependency is and what kind of tapering method works for you, depends on many factors and you will be the judge of this (general tapering information here). There is no rule that applies to everyone. I know you expect a more straightforward answer, but sadly I don't have it. 

[tu...]

No worries. I absolutely understand there is no one straight formula for anyone. Thank you for guiding me on the forum. Much appreciate :)