Important Survey - Please Participate ×

How to switch from double to single dose diazepam. Need help.

[Do...]
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, [[r...] said:

Like not a super long of a taper like years. But a more slow yet steady one where you are making progress in getting OFF the drug. Cause ultimately that should be the goal.  

Yes indeed, the only thing that gives me strenth is to see i decreased 0.Xmg from last week or month and i get depressed every time i gotta make a hold.

Edited by [Do...]

[Do...]
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, [[r...] said:

I know it. All these drugs are so dangerous and doctors keep adding more and more crap instead of saying "you know there are scientific studies that show in 16 week trials..... EXERCISE is just as good as prozac for depression and anxiety" It blows my mind how no one in the...........ahem..........."professional space" will mention these things. But of course why would they when there is no coin in this approach. You mean something you can do for FREE!!!!!!!!! and it benefit. What a concept. :2funny:

In fact my psychiatrist was preaching me cause i refused to take more lorazepam even if i was struggling bad and he kept on telling me to take more of the poison cause in his word "is it safe and you wont get addicted".

Edited by [Do...]

[Li...]

@[Do...]  To respond to your original question about how to change from taking diazepam two times a day to one time a day … 

Have you considered gradually combining your daytime dose with your nighttime dose?  For example, you could move your daytime dose backward (or forward) 1 hour each day until you were taking it at the same time as your nighttime dose.

[re...]

I do have a bit of confusion with the "you won't heal until you are fully off" Mentality either!!!!!!!!

I think we DEFINITLEY heal during the taper big time. BUT!!!!!!!!! only if on the way down you are doing everything humanly possible for brain health. Exercise OUTDOORS for the amazing oxygenation and all the obstacles your brain has to retrain itself to do. Like a simple walk in the woods you really have to gauge things and this I thing helps the brain get exercised as well. I also definitely believe  extreme diets like "the wahls protocol" or even some version of it will be paramount to healing faster than say eating whatever you feel.

Ashton really isn't gung ho on this stuff. But I do think it is a deficit on her part in this regard. Especially after all the studies I have read seem to really solidify the positive effects of diet and exercise on the human brain. This is a BIOLOGICAL and chemical change we have endured so I don't feel you can THINK (although thoughts can be powerful) your way out of this and it needs to be done with real organic actions to put the body and brain in a true homeostasis.  How could we NOT recognize the power of exercise and diet in all of these extreme changes on the nervous system from a taper. 

I look at it this way............"Garbage out!!!!!!...... clean and healthy in" all instituted in the gradual nursing of your brain from a smart taper. 

[Do...]
1 minute ago, [[L...] said:

@[Do...]  To respond to your original question about how to change from taking diazepam two times a day to one time a day … 

Have you considered gradually combining your daytime dose with your nighttime dose?  For example, you could move your daytime dose backward (or forward) 1 hour each day until you were taking it at the same time as your nighttime dose.

Thanks for your reply,

Yes @[Ch...] already suggested that.

• Like 1

[re...]

Yes Libertas Chester and myself were saying that as well. In the earlier posts. Good call and I agree. But I also think while doing this do not make any additional cuts and hold the taper until fully merging the doses. 

[Do...]
5 minutes ago, [[r...] said:

I do have a bit of confusion with the "you won't heal until you are fully off" Mentality either!!!!!!!!

I think we DEFINITLEY heal during the taper big time. BUT!!!!!!!!! only if on the way down you are doing everything humanly possible for brain health. Exercise OUTDOORS for the amazing oxygenation and all the obstacles your brain has to retrain itself to do. Like a simple walk in the woods you really have to gauge things and this I thing helps the brain get exercised as well. I also definitely believe  extreme diets like "the wahls protocol" or even some version of it will be paramount to healing faster than say eating whatever you feel.

Ashton really isn't gung ho on this stuff. But I do think it is a deficit on her part in this regard. Especially after all the studies I have read seem to really solidify the positive effects of diet and exercise on the human brain. This is a BIOLOGICAL and chemical change we have endured so I don't feel you can THINK (although thoughts can be powerful) your way out of this and it needs to be done with real organic actions to put the body and brain in a true homeostasis.  How could we NOT recognize the power of exercise and diet in all of these extreme changes on the nervous system from a taper. 

I look at it this way............"Garbage out!!!!!!...... clean and healthy in" all instituted in the gradual nursing of your brain from a smart taper. 

I wish i could exercise. I go downstairs to the pharmacy and come back home as if i had ran a marathon, i cleaned my bathroom and almost passed out, thats the main point of this thread, my symptoms after the morming dose are too debilitating.

[Do...]
11 minutes ago, [[r...] said:

doing this do not make any additional cuts and hold the taper until fully merging the doses. 

Actually, i think it would be the best time for a taper, when both doses get only a few hours from each other the effect will overlap and it may ease the WD, if you know what i mean...

[re...]

Oh god then you DEFINITELY gotta "night dose" then. You will see such a difference. I could ski and everything night dosing. I am so so glad you are trying to figure this all out. I think the once dosing a day is going to be a game changer for you in many ways. That is the one thing Valium has going for it. You usually only need one dose a day for results. 

• Like 1

[Do...]
1 minute ago, [[r...] said:

Oh god then you DEFINITELY gotta "night dose" then. You will see such a difference. I could ski and everything night dosing. I am so so glad you are trying to figure this all out. I think the once dosing a day is going to be a game changer for you in many ways. That is the one thing Valium has going for it. You usually only need one dose a day for results. 

Totally agree.

[re...]

My point Dolvian is I would just kind of hold tapering until you get to one single dose. As this is two changes at the same time which may not be good for you. Just my opinion. I would just try to focus on getting to one night time dose. Then make any additional changes you see fit like resuming a taper, etc. 

[re...]

I think also just the fact that you only have to focus on the "merging" of the doses and not the taper and amounts would do you much good. The psychological aspect alone of what is having an effect on what and trying to guess this would be an enormous burden on your already concerned mind. 

[Do...]
1 minute ago, [[r...] said:

My point Dolvian is I would just kind of hold tapering until you get to one single dose. As this is two changes at the same time which may not be good for you. Just my opinion. I would just try to focus on getting to one night time dose. Then make any additional changes you see fit like resuming a taper, etc. 

I hoped you could see my point here. I cant help thinking that getting both doses in one would be like, not only updosing but doubling it.

Is like, my brain is now stabilized at a 1.85mg dose, and then 12 hours later another 1.85mg dose, abrutly doubling one of them is what i still cant help to think would mess it up.

Thats why i think overlaping the doses and tapering would be a good idea.

[re...]

I think the way Chester and Libertas told you would eliminate that even from happening. You slowly work up by maybe 1 hour ever night or other night of moving them closer and closer together until you are at one dose. This will mitigate that fear of it overwhelming your system with too much Valium. And like I said Valium is so unforgiving. And unfortunately to do anything may cause you some discomfort, but I promise you it will all work out if you just trust in the process.

• Like 2

[Do...]
5 minutes ago, [[r...] said:

I think the way Chester and Libertas told you would eliminate that even from happening. You slowly work up by maybe 1 hour ever night or other night of moving them closer and closer together until you are at one dose. This will mitigate that fear of it overwhelming your system with too much Valium. And like I said Valium is so unforgiving. And unfortunately to do anything may cause you some discomfort, but I promise you it will all work out if you just trust in the process.

Ok, i will do that. i am 100% agree that i need to go only night dose and it seems the best way to do it.

I will do it very slowly and s i just remused my taper i will wait for my next hold to finish the merge, i really need to make a little progress in my taper, what ever i can afford, 1 or 2 weeks and the hold for a few days and complete the merging.

Thanks so much for your priceless help, i am eager to be at the point you are now, so close to jump and fully functional.

[re...]

It is so hard all of this and anything we do sometimes can possibly still hit us, but as long as we ride it out, I assure you that your system will adapt to the new change and I highly doubt it will be brutal. My problem was that  I just merged my doses and I was a bit messed up from my fast micro taper (18 days of .02 daily cuts) right after the 4mg that I had just merged. And it is why I am suggesting you hold a bit while you do this merge. I made the mistake of merging in one full swoop then tapering right away. And I got some problems from that. 

Like I said the only things that can be bad and brutal are rapid tapers, cold turkies, and up doses or missing doses completely. Other than this I think everything else is much easier on the system than those previously mentioned things. And I believe you can kind of "trick" the brain if you are smart about any changes you make. 

Edited by [re...]
  • Like 1

[Do...]
4 minutes ago, [[r...] said:

It is so hard all of this and anything we do sometimes can possibly still hit us, but as long as we ride it out, I assure you that your system will adapt to the new change and I highly doubt it will be brutal. My problem was that  I just merged my doses and I was a bit messed up from my fast micro taper (18 days of .02 daily cuts) right after the 4mg that I had just merged. And it is why I am suggesting you hold a bit while you do this merge. I made the mistake of merging in one full swoop then tapering right away. And I got some problems from that. 

Like I said the only things that can be bad and brutal are rapid tapers, cold turkies, and up doses or missing doses completely. Other than this I think everything else is much easier on the system than those previously mentioned things. And I believe you can kind of "trick" the brain if you are smart about any changes you make. 

I can tell you this live, and you'll be witness,

After an afternoon of muscle twiches, pain, headheach, dizzyness, fatigue. etc, i had dinner and now 10pm here, i feel my symptoms fading away, i get back some of my energy and before i take my night dose around midnight i often feel symptom free, i go to bed and feel well, maybe watch an episode of a tv show and sleep quite well.

So weird, so crazy...

[re...]

You described me so much right now. I usually feel much calmer at night then after I wake up I take that crap around 5-8 AM then I get hit with symptoms immediately and for bout 30 minutes after, I then go back to sleep just to wake up all ears ringing and feeling terrible until I have my coffee. Then I feel good for a bit. The crappiest things I have now is tingling, tinnitus, and twitches, and oh the damn headaches. I never have had headaches like this. 

• Like 1

[re...]

I really think psych meds really mess with the vascular and blood vessel system in us. I can just feel it. It is such an awful thing the blood vessels going nuts in all this and getting freezing especially in the hands and feet, then hot, then normal. What a mess. :-[

• Like 1

[Do...]
1 hour ago, [[r...] said:

I really think psych meds really mess with the vascular and blood vessel system in us. I can just feel it. It is such an awful thing the blood vessels going nuts in all this and getting freezing especially in the hands and feet, then hot, then normal. What a mess. :-[

Exactly. I get frozen feet often, so cold that Hurt, then sweat.

• Like 1

[Do...]

I think it could help to have a psychiatrist i could trust, i havent been able to find one that believes in benzo WD or doesnt recomend a fast taper in 3 weeks.

They all prescribe but non of them know how to deprescribe.

[Do...]

Hey @[re...] and @[Ch...],

I have a little update.

Today i woke up and as usually waited for my morming dose time, i was feeling a little anxiety but i didnt have any of the symptoms i usually get after the morming dose, no sedation, no lightheadness, no very fatigued, etc so, instead of just taking it as any other day, i decided to drink 1/3 of the dose and see. I still wasnt getting all those symptoms, only a little headache. I waited 2 hours and drank another 1/3 of the dose, had lunch and wasnt feeling too tired so i waited another 2 hours and had the last 1/3 of the dose.

The result of this was that after the 3rd mini dose my blood preasure was perfect, i was feeling fine and decided to take a little walk, i ended up walking twice the time i was thinking and was feeling fine, came back home and talked to a neighbor for a while and i didnt feel like stupid talking to him (unlike most of the times i talk to someone outside).

So is only 3 hours untill my night dose and i had a nice window day. Not sure if it has anything to do with my litle test but i am gonna repeat tomorrow to see if it helps with my over sedation and my very low blood preasure. I think i was having side effects from the morning dose apart from WD.

My idea is to leave the night dose as it is (1.8mg) and divide the morning dose in 2 from my current 1.81mg (yes i am tapering) and have an early 1mg morning dose and then another dose 0.81mg from wich i will keep tapering to zero, then go for the 1mg dose and leave the night dose last to taper.

I think this could solve my problem as the middle dose of 0.81mg will be dropping fast and my syptoms could ease during the day. I asked my pharmacist and agreed on this. Tomorrow i will be asking a doctor.

• Like 1

[re...]

THAT IS GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap:

I am all for experimenting with things that work. Just be cautious. As I have said many times that this Valium is a sneaky little bastard that can rear it's ugly head in due time. 

• Like 1

[Do...]
14 minutes ago, [[r...] said:

THAT IS GREAT NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap:

I am all for experimenting with things that work. Just be cautious. As I have said many times that this Valium is a sneaky little bastard that can rear it's ugly head in due time. 

i am tapering 0.01mg one day 0.02mg next day. But anyhow i am aware of my symptoms and i think i know when i have to hold.

I have lots of hope in this strategy and that i can do fine like that :yippee:

• Like 1

[re...]

Good good. Love hearing that. Like you say just listen to your body. 

• Like 1