Did anyone get this alcohol hangover effect once they got below 1mg valium (.88)

[re...]

It is so odd. Like I sleep sub par, but at least with nonstop dreams, but sometimes good restful deep sleep (thank god) from say 1-4 or til 5 AM. Odd thing is before i go to sleep in my first round I am somewhat calm and sometimes very symptom free. No tinnitus, nothing. Then I drink that gross water titration mixture between 5-6 AM and I get ringing, twitches, but not real anxiety for about 30 minutes. Then I crash for say 2- 3 hours and when I wake up I feel HORRIBLE like a bad hangover but with loud ringing, sometimes heart beating, headaches, all of it. It is like the stuff is wearing off real real fast at this low dose and I feel pretty bad most of the day. But then by night decent again.  It almost has this alcohol effect.  And like many people that get hangovers, COFFEE actually seems to be my saving grace in the morning. (Just one medium cup, half decaf, with no sugar and monk fruit flavored sweetener). All the ringing and head crap goes away after my coffee.  I also drink TONS of water when I first get up cause I just feel so dried out. Once again like a hard night of drinking. What gives here. This I would have to say started once I got to 1.5 mg. 

Is it starting to just detox out of my body and the half life becomes really irrelevant at these low doses? It seems taking it is CAUSING my issues, but I will continue to taper and thinking of a Horowitz recommended jump at .30. I have been doing a mix of .01-.02 daily water taper and although not easy at all. I have been somewhat functional, exercise daily, etc. And I also wonder if my exercise regimen of walking, hiking, cycling (usually 1.5-2 hours) is causing it to metabolize out of me quicker. 

I am wondering if anyone had this and what happened when they jumped/walked off. 

[re...]
Posted (edited)

Also some days at least a few times a week,  I get a mild temperature (mid 90's to like 100.2) like from maybe 7 hours  after I take my dose and this lasts for say 4-5 hours then I am fine. It is really starting to irk me this like malaise feeling. 

These drugs are so toxic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by [re...]

[Ka...]

Massive sympathy. I think all your theories are correct. Really need some research into low dose - can only imagine what this actually does to our system. 

[WU...]

Unfortunately I have the hangover effect even after 13 and a half months completely off but then I went CT so that probably didn't help. I'm amazed you can do all that exercise every day.  The muscles in my face and head are exquisitely tight and pulling making it impossible to do any exercise.  I really wish I could, even as a distraction.  I don't know if toxic is the right word when it is a case of the drug altering our brain chemistry. 

[re...]

Yes Katrina I am just so curious about the low dose and how it could become like a booze hangover for some of us. 

I am not floored yet, but getting real sick of feeling this way every morning and all day. Then night comes and I feel at least somewhat ok. 

I know I shouldn't just JUMP at this dose. But it is like my body is really rejecting it at this point. 

I just don't see lots of low dose (1mg and under) taper experiences on here. It is like people either leave or maybe they just can't take it and go back up and decide to stay.

Like even on the  3.2.1 3 mg and under thread not people seem to get down to under 1 mg and are still talking about it. I would like to read other members experiences. 

[re...]

Thanks for that WU. I am not trying to humble brag at all as who the hell knows what is gonna happen to me when I am finally off and it scares me TBH.

But I am telling ya I have to MAKE myself do it as all my muscles feel terrible too, but you know what. When I go I start to feel better believe it or not. Lots of stretching though post workout. I even get these like auras in my field of vision to the left of me with this odd straight beam of blue light for maybe the first hour. Then it usually dies down by the time I hydrate intensely and all of that. I have never had any of this stuff in my life exercising. The medical industry has done a number on me/all of us. 

It is like I have the attitude "they will NOT win" as the status quo crisis/solution system seems to have really messed many of us up on here. I am trying so hard to push through, but it is quite difficult. 

[Ka...]
13 minutes ago, [[r...] said:

Yes Katrina I am just so curious about the low dose and how it could become like a booze hangover for some of us. 

I am not floored yet, but getting real sick of feeling this way every morning and all day. Then night comes and I feel at least somewhat ok. 

I know I shouldn't just JUMP at this dose. But it is like my body is really rejecting it at this point. 

I just don't see lots of low dose (1mg and under) taper experiences on here. It is like people either leave or maybe they just can't take it and go back up and decide to stay.

Like even on the  3.2.1 3 mg and under thread not people seem to get down to under 1 mg and are still talking about it. I would like to read other members experiences. 

You’re right. I didn’t post much when I was @.50mg (1/4) tablet. Was pretty mute about it. Maybe you’ll get some response to this. 

keep going, exercise regime sounds beneficial & slowly but surely you’ll be rid of this horrible medication.  

Edited by [Ka...]
  • Like 1

[WU...]
7 minutes ago, [[r...] said:

who the hell knows what is gonna happen to me when I am finally off

I think you will be fine as you did the sensible thing and slowly tapered off. Once I realised what these drugs were doing I was so appalled I couldn't take another one, and honestly didn't understand anything about tapering anyway.  

• Like 1

[re...]

I know you are hurting Wu, but I really think you could do it even if lightly trying and sticking with it. I believe in you big time. You have lots of smarts and brain power. I can just tell by your posts. Put that into light exercise and even light stretching somehow. Push through the symptoms and try not to let them win. Sorry if I sound prescriptive. It is not my intention.

Are you working right now? I am not so I can dedicate it to exercise. I am lucky in that respect. But I have lost so much in my livelihood and financially in this I just can't think about it or I will really go in a dark place. I have to look at this as a huge awakening and not a negative per se. 

I am not trying to discount the pain you are going thru. No way not at all. And oh god especially a freaking cold turkey. That is such a shocking thing to your cns that happened to you. It is so nasty. 

I have been reading many many stories of people with things WAY worse than all of us on here and they are like truly paralyzed and they try and get some exercise in of some sort and even one person who had cancer that climbed Everest. The difference those people I am sure are sleeping. Most of us on here get terrible sleep so it influences EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!! Sleep is key I think. Even broken sleep. 

I just HAVE to believe our spirit can overtake our human body/shell and we can push through our cns damage and pain and in this start to heal from movement of whatever we are able to do. 

Anyone on here should read the "wahls protocol" book. That woman put her MS in remission with a ridiculous strict diet. 

I of course am not off yet so i am still confident and who knows if I will be house/bed bound by the time this nightmare is over.  

I would love to give people hope in all this. 

[PE...]

Hangover effect was/is the longest withdrawal effect I got!

Now 6 months off it's only present a few day's aweek and only in the morning. 

Loads of coffee helped me

[re...]

Yeah it's weird Peppe. I know many on here BASH the coffee but it has been a GODSEND for me. It makes almost every symptom go away for me. I have read good things about amphetamines and stims in benzo withdrawal and they seem to actually HELP many people as weird as this sounds. I think it helps the receptors heal quicker. 

• Like 1

[WU...]

Thanks for thinking I am smart! The reality is I feel quite stupid that I didn't thoroughly look into benzos before I started taking them.  OK so the doctors over the years should have explained and didn't, so now I find I don't believe them about anything anymore, not even the supposedly horrible diseases they give names to and scare people to death with all manner of nasty treatments which don't cure anything and often make things worse. The cure is within, always has been. If only I had known this before I took  benzos for my neck pain. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. My body was trying to tell me my lifestyle was far too stressful and needed to change but I wasn't listening and went down the medical route with pills. 

I don't even think diet is that big of a deal, unless its really lacking in any kind of nutrition. The no. 1 source of our "illnesses" is stress or not living the life we really want to live. It sort of eats away at our inner being which shows itself in our bodies somewhere or other.

30 minutes ago, [[r...] said:

I just HAVE to believe our spirit can overtake our human body/shell and we can push through our cns damage and pain and in this start to heal from movement of whatever we are able to do. 

Yes the spirit, whatever you want to call it is very much in evidence through all our suffering. But we have a physical injury and I tend to go with less is more,  and not forcing anything.  I don't have to work either so at least I don't have any other pressure except of course missing out on yet another beautiful Spring day here in the UK.

If exercise is working for you then keep going. Sounds like it is doing you good. Maybe because I went CT my CNS is more fragile. 

Anyway thanks for the supportive words and wishing you well

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[re...]

You have great insight Wu. Keep going. And thank you big time.

I love reading your take on things.

• Like 1

[PE...]
15 minutes ago, [[r...] said:

Yeah it's weird Peppe. I know many on here BASH the coffee but it has been a GODSEND for me. It makes almost every symptom go away for me. I have read good things about amphetamines and stims in benzo withdrawal and they seem to actually HELP many people as weird as this sounds. I think it helps the receptors heal quicker. 

I have lot's of coffee in the morning and it makes my morning anxiety just vanish!! You might be right in this.

[re...]

Yes I think it DEFINITELY helps long term and is actually good for the brain. I think the demonization of coffee is a modern trendy thing. I have read lots of stuff about coffee and bdnf production and it seems to help brain neuroplastic effects. The times I have not drank coffee I have always slept WORSE even after the "hump" of caffeine withdrawal. I think the red bull monster stuff is dangerous as it is more synthetic and artificial. But coffee and tea have been around forever so I trust them.  

• Love 1

[WU...]

I have coffee too.  Breaking all the rules ! But honestly I've had no bad repercussions and at least I get to enjoy something.

• Like 1

[re...]

Yes me too Wu.

I love the coffee and I don't think it is as dangerous as these shills like Matt Walker/Andrew Huberman claim it is. 

[re...]

All these "experts" have caused major confusion for healing. Matt walker is always talking about mortality and sleep. Like everyone needs 8 hours or else. This is such a lie. So many old and completely healthy people are completely functional on way less sleep. I mean sleep is a wonderful thing. But the 8 hour thing I call BS on. 

Like anyone needs to hear Matt Walker talk about  this in traquilizer withdrawal. 

• Like 1

[WU...]

Only 8 hours? I've been sleeping 9 hours most nights. Doesn't seem to have helped though. Maybe I should try getting less sleep and that might reset something?

[re...]

Ha ha ha!!!!!!! Consider yourself BLESSED with that. You are well on your way to brain healing with that kind of sleeping. Maybe you just need to up the coffee. :heybabe:

• Like 2

[Ch...]
2 hours ago, [[r...] said:

It is so odd. Like I sleep sub par, but at least with nonstop dreams, but sometimes good restful deep sleep (thank god) from say 1-4 or til 5 AM. Odd thing is before i go to sleep in my first round I am somewhat calm and sometimes very symptom free. No tinnitus, nothing. Then I drink that gross water titration mixture between 5-6 AM and I get ringing, twitches, but not real anxiety for about 30 minutes. Then I crash for say 2- 3 hours and when I wake up I feel HORRIBLE like a bad hangover but with loud ringing, sometimes heart beating, headaches, all of it. It is like the stuff is wearing off real real fast at this low dose and I feel pretty bad most of the day. But then by night decent again.  It almost has this alcohol effect.  And like many people that get hangovers, COFFEE actually seems to be my saving grace in the morning. (Just one medium cup, half decaf, with no sugar and monk fruit flavored sweetener). All the ringing and head crap goes away after my coffee.  I also drink TONS of water when I first get up cause I just feel so dried out. Once again like a hard night of drinking. What gives here. This I would have to say started once I got to 1.5 mg. 

Is it starting to just detox out of my body and the half life becomes really irrelevant at these low doses? It seems taking it is CAUSING my issues, but I will continue to taper and thinking of a Horowitz recommended jump at .30. I have been doing a mix of .01-.02 daily water taper and although not easy at all. I have been somewhat functional, exercise daily, etc. And I also wonder if my exercise regimen of walking, hiking, cycling (usually 1.5-2 hours) is causing it to metabolize out of me quicker. 

I am wondering if anyone had this and what happened when they jumped/walked off. 

You're at .88mg of Valium? Who told you to *not* jump at this point? It's fine to jump at 1mg or lower. I'm curious as to why you're not?

• Like 1

[re...]

Oh god Chester I want to so bad. I have heard mixed results though with this jump amount. There is a member CMZ that had a rough time jumping even at a much smaller dose. 

For most I am sure it is fine to jump, but others have and paid dearly. I prefer to just keep going slow and steady, but no more holds and just keep going and jumping at what Mark Horowitz (who seems to have lots of intelligence in this) says which would be .30. Ashton says 1 mg OR .5. I would rather go down even further as to not have the "what if I did this" once off.

I want to make sure I did everything I could so there no second guessing and can have peace with that at least. 

• Like 1

[PE...]
Just now, [[r...] said:

Oh god Chester I want to so bad. I have heard mixed results though with this jump amount. There is a member CMZ that had a rough time jumping even at a much smaller dose. 

For most I am sure it is fine to jump, but others have and paid dearly. I prefer to just keep going slow and steady, but no more holds and just keep going and jumping at what Mark Horowitz (who seems to have lots of intelligence in this) says which would be .30. Ashton says 1 mg OR .5. I would rather go down even further as to not have the "what if I did this" once off.

I want to make sure I did everything I could so there no second guessing and can have peace with that at least. 

It wont hurt you to go really slow so take your time. Do it the wise way :)

• Like 1

[re...]

Plus this is my second time down this taper road. So I really want to be careful as there is a possibility of kindling I think. And what led me here for the second time was a botched medical procedure that led me into a long status epilepticus then a coma in the hospital and there is all that extra baggage so I have to be extra careful with brain excitement due to jumping too soon. 

• Wow 1

[Gi...]

Ain’t V available in drops where you live? I’m Italian we have v in tablets and drops. Drops are 5mg per 1ml, 1 ml is 25 drops… so it’s easier to taper cause 1 drop is 1/5 mg and I’m sure exactly what amount I’m tapering…