Members-only Group  ·  430 members  ·  Rules

Long Haulers

I'm feeling sluggish, tired and lazy all the time

[No...]

[No...]

But at the same time stressed and overwhelmed. I want to do things, but "a wall in front of me". I try to read, but I can't focus. Do you also have this problem?

• Like 3

[Wa...]

I've had it almost this whole time. I call it a "mental block." Like I can't get over that wall you are talking about. I see an Amazon package sitting there in it's box and don't know why it's so hard for me to go and open it. After all, I ordered it at some point. Everything feels overwhelming to me and the focus and executive functioning of my brain is offline. But it has come back in spurts and it will eventually for you too

• Like 1

[No...]

Thanks for your reply Warrior! A mental block is a very good explanation! Just the thought of starting the washer makes me completely exhausted. No, not today, tomorrow. My brain says no to everything. And if I can't find the remote control I get very stressed, everything makes me stressed. And anticipatory anxiety, I can't relax.

How long have you been suffering?

• Like 1

[wi...]

You guys, I have the same exact thing. It hardly lifts and it's so easy to blame myself for being lazy. Hope to goodness it goes away, I do push myself but it doesn't make the situation any easier, the condition stays.

I feel like it connected to anhedonia, too. Whatever chemical is required to motivate and inspire is just not there right now. 

I feel like I'm frozen.  I WANT to do things but the electrical impulse isn't hitting my muscles or something. It actually hurts when I force myself to move, and causes an uptick in agitation. It's really hellish, Have more symptoms than this but this one sucks supremely. Cannot explain it, so weird.

• Like 1

[Ma...]

@[No...] Finally-‘hitting a wall’! I am forcing 10,000+ steps/day (have gotten up to 16,000 😳) and will set a goal to say, make it to the bridge, or a certain park and just can’t get there. My therapist keeps saying it’s anxiety which it certainly is not. It’s The Wall.

It’s like my brain says it’s out of bandwidth or something.

I’m going to try to break through it tomorrow! TY

[Ca...]

Absolutely. It's terribly uncomfortable and so rough to deal with, at least it is for me. I try reading too, can't focus. Learning anything new brings on a lot of anxiety. Used to be able to meditate but can't focus, same deal. 

Edited by [Ca...]
Added illustration

[No...]

You are so strong Mary even if you feel sick, and everything feels completely impossible!

For the first time, I can talk about my strange symptoms that others don't understand. Do you feel that everything is unpleasant? Sound, singing birds and reading? And thinking can also be unpleasant, like a poisoned nervous system.

• Like 1

[Wa...]

I had this symptom for over four years and at times it gets better and other times I just have to push through like you all are doing. And symptoms rotate for me every day so I don't know what I am going to get. Hell, indeed.

[Ma...]

I broke through that wall today and not only went to a restaurant for the 1st time (had to sit outside) in 4 years but also an Estate Sale. Felt like I was on LSD but I did it. And I just have to keep doing so.

Periodically I feel like I’m going to stroke out. It’s not a panic attack but more like my chest swells-just a full body response, revolt. And I become disoriented.

I feel like 1/4 of my frontal lope is scooped out, my head a tin can, like there is 2 inches between my skull and my blood brain barrier. It’s completely insane. Unpleasant @[No...] but a hell of a lot better than being a shut-in.

There was great conversation (don’t remember it), I laughed (didn’t really feel it like a normal human) and I have to FOCUS every cell in my being to see, walk, converse-all of it. And I can only attempt this with 2 people who I’ve known for 40 years.

I do believe in neuroplasicity and by showing brain there is something else to do other than even think about my symptoms, soon it will ‘connect’ and heal.

And I can’t read more than a paragraph. And I read 1 daily with maybe an additional line or 2…

Can I ask if any of you have your body temperature rise at night? It happens to me every 40 minutes or so when I am “sleeping “, along with cortisol surges. Or adrenal dumps-who knows. Anyone?

Hell indeed. @[Wa...], have you healed?

Edited by [Ma...]

[No...]

Are you sensitive to everything? I tried to comfort a friend on the phone, she was so sad. But now I'm completely exhausted, tingling, a cold skin, akathisia and breathing problems.

Wow, you feel like this nine years off? Sorry to hear. I'm at 18 months and still feel like a waste. I thought that was long. That's why I asked. 

Hope it lifts soon for you.

[Wa...]
On 20/04/2024 at 13:39, [[M...] said:

I broke through that wall today and not only went to a restaurant for the 1st time (had to sit outside) in 4 years but also an Estate Sale. Felt like I was on LSD but I did it. And I just have to keep doing so.

Periodically I feel like I’m going to stroke out. It’s not a panic attack but more like my chest swells-just a full body response, revolt. And I become disoriented.

I feel like 1/4 of my frontal lope is scooped out, my head a tin can, like there is 2 inches between my skull and my blood brain barrier. It’s completely insane. Unpleasant @[No...] but a hell of a lot better than being a shut-in.

There was great conversation (don’t remember it), I laughed (didn’t really feel it like a normal human) and I have to FOCUS every cell in my being to see, walk, converse-all of it. And I can only attempt this with 2 people who I’ve known for 40 years.

I do believe in neuroplasicity and by showing brain there is something else to do other than even think about my symptoms, soon it will ‘connect’ and heal.

And I can’t read more than a paragraph. And I read 1 daily with maybe an additional line or 2…

Can I ask if any of you have your body temperature rise at night? It happens to me every 40 minutes or so when I am “sleeping “, along with cortisol surges. Or adrenal dumps-who knows. Anyone?

Hell indeed. @[Wa...], have you healed?

If I had, I wouldn't be here on BB :) :) 

• Love 1