4 years off - still deal with energy issues

[gs...]

I've been off benzos for 4 years now and my biggest complaint is my energy. I get tired easily. I've had blood work done numerous times which always comes back normal. I even went for a sleep study where I was told I have mild sleep apnea which shouldnt be responsible for daytime fatigue. 

I get enough sleep, I eat pretty well, I go to the gym as much as possible, and I'm reducing my antidepressant (Lexapro) which could possibly cause daytime tiredness as well. I've even started taking multivitamins daily.

Is it possible that this is just another lingering benzo withdrawal issue? My sleep pattern was similar to that of a Non-24 Sleep-Wake Disorder schedule. I would be sleep at night for a month, and then the next month sleep during the day. I did this on and off for years and couldnt get it controlled because of benzo withdrawal.

I feel like maybe my body is just so burnt out after years of medications. I dont even know what my normal is anymore. I just want energy so I can do everything I'd like in one day and not feel so lazy.

[Br...]

I'm glad you've checked in with your medical provider about your daytime fatigue to rule out medical causes.  I understand you are taking Lexapro and that you reduced the dose in case it's contributing to your fatigue. I'm not an expert but I believe fatigue is a common symptom of depression.  This makes me wonder if it might be helpful to get screened for depression to get an idea of whether the current dose of Lexapro is working to lift the depression.  

Do you have any other lingering benzo withdrawal symptoms?

[gs...]
21 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

I'm glad you've checked in with your medical provider about your daytime fatigue to rule out medical causes.  I understand you are taking Lexapro and that you reduced the dose in case it's contributing to your fatigue. I'm not an expert but I believe fatigue is a common symptom of depression.  This makes me wonder if it might be helpful to get screened for depression to get an idea of whether the current dose of Lexapro is working to lift the depression.  

Do you have any other lingering benzo withdrawal symptoms?

I dont think I deal with depression still besides this energy issue. The only time I've ever felt depressed in terms of that "dark" feeling is when I was reducing my antidepressant. Id stabilize again and be back to normal eventually. 

The only lingering benzo wd symptom I seem to get is air hunger but its not as frequent as before. It was one of my worst symptoms. I used to get it every day. 

[Re...]
3 hours ago, [[g...] said:

I've been off benzos for 4 years now and my biggest complaint is my energy. I get tired easily. I've had blood work done numerous times which always comes back normal. I even went for a sleep study where I was told I have mild sleep apnea which shouldnt be responsible for daytime fatigue. 

I get enough sleep, I eat pretty well, I go to the gym as much as possible, and I'm reducing my antidepressant (Lexapro) which could possibly cause daytime tiredness as well. I've even started taking multivitamins daily.

Is it possible that this is just another lingering benzo withdrawal issue? My sleep pattern was similar to that of a Non-24 Sleep-Wake Disorder schedule. I would be sleep at night for a month, and then the next month sleep during the day. I did this on and off for years and couldnt get it controlled because of benzo withdrawal.

I feel like maybe my body is just so burnt out after years of medications. I dont even know what my normal is anymore. I just want energy so I can do everything I'd like in one day and not feel so lazy.

I think you hit the nose on the head of the contributing factor: "I'm reducing my antidepressant (Lexapro)." These drugs cause side effects like this. Occums razor. Could benzo withdrawal be a factor? Sure. But if you are on a drug and tapering then my guess is that it is related.