Members-only Group  ·  430 members  ·  Rules

Long Haulers

Chest pain

[st...]

[st...]

Ok guys, who has severe chest pain and has a coping skills to help deal with it or minimize it.  In getting them note and more frequently but I know it's just part of the process. Today it's so bad.  I'm trying a heating pad right now. Maybe there's nothing to help but I'd love some suggestions. Thank you

[Na...]

I have pain on my rib cage and the center of my chest. In the early days I went to the ER a couple of times because it hurt so bad I thought it was a heart attack. 

As far as coping with it, the biggest part was after it kept on going for so long I finally gave up on worrying about it being heart related.

The pain is exacerbated by poor posture so I try to sit up straight and not slouch. I also see a massage therapist about once a month which helps somewhat. Sleeping on my stomach also seems to help as it sort of stretches out those muscles across the chest.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[st...]
1 hour ago, [[N...] said:

I have pain on my rib cage and the center of my chest. In the early days I went to the ER a couple of times because it hurt so bad I thought it was a heart attack. 

As far as coping with it, the biggest part was after it kept on going for so long I finally gave up on worrying about it being heart related.

The pain is exacerbated by poor posture so I try to sit up straight and not slouch. I also see a massage therapist about once a month which helps somewhat. Sleeping on my stomach also seems to help as it sort of stretches out those muscles across the chest.

Thanks for the reply Nathan. Mine feels like a heart attack or like my chest is going to Crack open.  It's so weird and painful. I know it's not a heart attack but dam. Lol.  I hope yours gets better soon

[No...]

I have the same problem, and I think it's due to tension in my chest muscles and a poor posture. Massage, light exercises and a heating pad make it better. And I hope you feel better soon. 

Edited by [No...]