Inner Ear Pain

[Wa...]

I’ve had sound sensitivity and inner ear pain for the back half of my taper. Usually it gets worse after a cut, but then lessens as I hold. This past cut it got really good, I was actually able to watch some Tv and YouTube in small doses.  

I was suppose to cut today to .05mg of klonopin, so I was nearing the end. Yesterday a flat mate of mine slammed a door and I was about 7 yards away in another room. Both my ears immediately felt it. The right one started ringing slightly and they both felt really heavy and squishy almost (the inside portion of my ear). Today I woke up and they both still hurt. Should I continue to hold or go ahead with the cut? Also at what point should I see a doctor? I’ve been to the doc so many times and now I’m just so over it. Felt so close to the end, just really frustrated at this point

[Re...]

Benzos and other psych drugs / prescription drugs can cause ototoxic injuries. I have the symptoms you describe, they are very common as well as the pain from loud noises. It's a terrible symptom and I understand that pain. I am not sure what an ENT can do for you other than scare you or gaslight you. Most do not understand benzo withdrawal. What is your reasoning in holding based on this? How would this break your tapering pattern if you decide to hold? How much more do you have to taper?

[Wa...]
1 hour ago, [[R...] said:

Benzos and other psych drugs / prescription drugs can cause ototoxic injuries. I have the symptoms you describe, they are very common as well as the pain from loud noises. It's a terrible symptom and I understand that pain. I am not sure what an ENT can do for you other than scare you or gaslight you. Most do not understand benzo withdrawal. What is your reasoning in holding based on this? How would this break your tapering pattern if you decide to hold? How much more do you have to taper?

Thanks for the reply Rebecca. I’m sorry you have to go through this symptom as well

I was hoping only 1-2 more cuts and then jumping off. I will probably just make the cut and get it over with since I’m so close to being done

[Re...]
7 minutes ago, [[W...] said:

Thanks for the reply Rebecca. I’m sorry you have to go through this symptom as well

I was hoping only 1-2 more cuts and then jumping off. I will probably just make the cut and get it over with since I’m so close to being done

The symptom is unfortunately so common. It’s so hard to feel good about how far you’ve come when you feel so crappy physically but congratulations on getting close to being off!! Seems you will be free very soon!!!

• Like 1

[Wa...]
40 minutes ago, [[R...] said:

The symptom is unfortunately so common. It’s so hard to feel good about how far you’ve come when you feel so crappy physically but congratulations on getting close to being off!! Seems you will be free very soon!!!

Yeah it has been quite the journey, thanks for the encouragement!

• Like 1

[Th...]

I had inner ear fullness and pain, Hyperacusis, ringing,  all through my taper and continued months later. I am at 4 months now, its subsiding now, couple more months it should be gone all together. Yours should improve after your taper is complete. 

• Like 1

[Th...]

I had inner ear fullness and pain, Hyperacusis, ringing,  all through my taper and continued months later. I am at 4 months now, its subsiding now, couple more months it should be gone all together. Yours should improve after your taper is complete. 

[Re...]
1 hour ago, [[T...] said:

Wow, that’s a very quick trajectory. I am 19 months off Ativan and still dealing with the symptom. But also was poly drugged. After I got off of everything about nine months ago, I started to have ear pain. Thankfully that comes and goes. What a racket! I hope yours goes away completely soon!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[Wa...]
1 hour ago, [[T...] said:

Glad to hear you are improving! Thanks for the words, knowing members have had what I’m currently going through helps a lot

• Love 1