Besties Help!

[th...]

Reinstated 3 weeks ago. .5 am .5 2pm 1mg at night. None of the doses are working as long or as good but here is the thing. The 1mg is causing anxiety after taking it has happened the past two nights. The 1mg usually when I take it is like relaxation and not shaking and fast heart rate 

what tf is this 

@[PE...] @[Br...] anyone they can think of lol I just got back on and this is just crazy 

Edited by [th...]
  • Like 1

[Re...]
12 minutes ago, [[t...] said:

Reinstated 3 weeks ago. .5 am .5 2pm 1mg at night. None of the doses are working as long or as good but here is the thing. The 1mg is causing anxiety after taking it has happened the past two nights. The 1mg usually when I take it is like relaxation and not shaking and fast heart rate 

what tf is this 

@[PE...] @[Br...] anyone they can think of lol I just got back on and this is just crazy 

How long were you off? I hear many reinstatement stories like yours. Emma from Beating the Benzo said when she took a reinstatement dose it was like she immediately went back to normal but she is the only one I heard having this experience. She then waited a year to taper but she was polydrugged.

Everyone is so different and this is why reinstating is a risk.

Tagging @[Li...] and @[Pa...] for you. Hang tight! We are here for you.

[th...]
1 minute ago, [[R...] said:

How long were you off? I hear many reinstatement stories like yours. Emma from Beating the Benzo said when she took a reinstatement dose it was like she immediately went back to normal but she is the only one I heard having this experience. She then waited a year to taper but she was polydrugged.

It has worked beautifully the first three weeks and now it’s like 20 minutes I feel good ish and now it’s just anxiety and fast heart 

[th...]

So so scared right now. Everything was working fine. I haven’t been on long enough to taper. It’s like the .5 work slightly better than a 1mg?? How is that possible 

[th...]

Oh damn this isn’t gonna be a good fix and the anticipation is killing me on what is going on. 

[Re...]
24 minutes ago, [[t...] said:

It has worked beautifully the first three weeks and now it’s like 20 minutes I feel good ish and now it’s just anxiety and fast heart 

I don't know your medical history but just reading that makes me think it sounds like interdose withdrawal/a tolerance reaction. The problem is if you increase the dose it could do nothing then you are stuck on a higher dose with no change in drug affect.

Edited by [Re...]

[Re...]
23 minutes ago, [[t...] said:

Oh damn this isn’t gonna be a good fix and the anticipation is killing me on what is going on. 

Do you have a benzo coach or benzo-wise doctor?

Edited by [Re...]

[th...]
31 minutes ago, [[R...] said:

4 minutes ago, [[R...] said:

Do you have a benzo coach or benzo-wise doctor?

Absolutely not 

[PE...]
1 hour ago, [[t...] said:

what tf is this 

A fine word for it is paradoxal reaction @[th...].

It's basically when it's has the opposite effect.

And yeah i bet it's because of the tolerance and that you got back on the poison again.

Sorry to hear that :((

[Re...]
2 hours ago, [[t...] said:

@[Re...] I can’t afford the coaches but yes, I’m from the us 

I understand. Angela Peacock's tapering groups are $25 and meet weekly. You could get answers to your questions there that are vetted by a psych drug harm expert. There are wonderful buddies here, but you can also get misinformation online that can cause complications so I was suggesting getting individual attention since you are in this spot. You could also consult with Dr. Mark Horowitz but I am not sure how much he charges. This is a major life decision certainly worth the money. 

[th...]
5 hours ago, [[R...] said:

I understand. Angela Peacock's tapering groups are $25 and meet weekly. You could get answers to your questions there that are vetted by a psych drug harm expert. There are wonderful buddies here, but you can also get misinformation online that can cause complications so I was suggesting getting individual attention since you are in this spot. You could also consult with Dr. Mark Horowitz but I am not sure how much he charges. This is a major life decision certainly worth the money. 

I have a 30 min conversation set up with her today at 5 but it was 85.00

• Like 1

[th...]

I am so Scared... I am trying to sell my house so I can move in with my mother and that was the plan. The plan was to attempt for the third time when I was living with her. I am far from having anyone even look at my house though it is on the market and now I feel so scared I cant breathe.

[th...]
49 minutes ago, [[P...] said:

Hi! How are doing right now??

At work freaking out. Next dose is at 2 and I don’t know what to do from here. I wanted it to be like it was and then me taper off over a year… 

someone say something encouraging! 

[PE...]
18 minutes ago, [[t...] said:

At work freaking out. Next dose is at 2 and I don’t know what to do from here. I wanted it to be like it was and then me taper off over a year… 

someone say something encouraging! 

Just breath and take minute by minute. Even if it's really uncomfortable atm it's not dangerous. It's your brain reaction to the poison remember that at all times.

[th...]

@[PE...] but I’m confused on what now to do and I’m not even at the stage where I’m selling my house to live in my mom’s yard. All hell broke loose day before yesterday when my 1mg which usually is blissful turned into anxiety… 

I’m f****** lost :idiot:

• Like 1

[PE...]
1 minute ago, [[t...] said:

@[PE...] but I’m confused on what now to do and I’m not even at the stage where I’m selling my house to live in my mom’s yard. All hell broke loose day before yesterday when my 1mg which usually is blissful turned into anxiety… 

I’m f****** lost :idiot:

I can imagine having all those things to do while having a rough time is bad..

Just try not to think of your projects atm just try cope with the "now".

[Re...]
7 hours ago, [[t...] said:

I have a 30 min conversation set up with her today at 5 but it was 85.00

Good news, I am sure she will have some helpful insight for you. Well worth the money since this is an important decision you are making.

[Br...]

@[th...] It sounds like you are experiencing tolerance withdrawal.

Tolerance withdrawal is when the dose we are accustomed to taking stops working, that is, stops having a therapeutic effect. What happens is that while taking our usual dose dose we start experiencing withdrawal symptoms - even though we haven't reduced the dose. Your body has become tolerant the dose you are taking and needs a higher dose to stop you from experiencing withdrawal symptoms. You're then faced with the choice to either increase your dose or start tapering. The problem with a higher dose is, once you've experienced tolerance, you will build tolerance to the higher dose again and you will continually need to increase the dose to stay out of withdrawal. And you will just be postponing tapering off which will likely come with difficult withdrawal symptoms.  I think your best option is to continue tapering, even though it's uncomfortable, because the only way to finally stop dealing with withdrawal is getting off the drug.  I'm sorry, this is probably not what you want to hear and it's understandable. But unfortunately there are no ideal solutions for dealing with tolerance.  

[th...]
23 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

@[th...] It sounds like you are experiencing tolerance withdrawal.

Tolerance withdrawal is when the dose we are accustomed to taking stops working, that is, stops having a therapeutic effect. What happens is that while taking our usual dose dose we start experiencing withdrawal symptoms - even though we haven't reduced the dose. Your body has become tolerant the dose you are taking and needs a higher dose to stop you from experiencing withdrawal symptoms. You're then faced with the choice to either increase your dose or start tapering. The problem with a higher dose is, once you've experienced tolerance, you will build tolerance to the higher dose again and you will continually need to increase the dose to stay out of withdrawal. And you will just be postponing tapering off which will likely come with difficult withdrawal symptoms.  I think your best option is to continue tapering, even though it's uncomfortable, because the only way to finally stop dealing with withdrawal is getting off the drug.  I'm sorry, this is probably not what you want to hear and it's understandable. But unfortunately there are no ideal solutions for dealing with tolerance.  

Will be talking to Angie at 5 today but should I just start tapering even though I just started back on three weeks ago and then switch to diaz? Or make a doc appointment and switch to Diaz already? 

[Bu...]

Hey @[th...],

I think someone had suggested splitting up your evening dose so that you are taking four even doses, spaced out evenly throughout the day.  Did you try that?  It won't stop tolerance withdrawal, but having an even amount in your system throughout the day may help to make it more manageable.  It might be worth trying.