CBD oil and PTSD

[An...]

[An...]

Hey fam! 

I have been tapering for around 1 year ( extremely high dose 75mgs diazapem) too 13.5 mgs in 1 year. I suffer PTSD and I’m highly anxious all the time. My body does not like to relax, I took some CBD oil (prescribed) and it worked amazingly. Is this the taper that’s always making me highly anxious and paranoid or could this be PTSD. What are your thoughts, I’m constantly on edge and have become a chain smoker. Could the taper be heightening my PTSD  

[PE...]

Hi :)

Nice to hear CBD is working for you.

Have you considered that your PTSD might just be a withdrawal symptom? Or did you have it prior to the wd?

One of the most common symptoms is primal fear. A fear for everything. And every bad feeling there is possible comes with this. Being paranoid and having anxiety is also symptoms. 

IMO it is impossible to say what is what and even thinking about possible mental disorders, as it all can be just symptoms for stop taking this damn drug.

Peace..

Edited by [PE...]

[At...]
4 hours ago, [[P...] said:

Have you considered that your PTSD might just be a withdrawal symptom? Or did you have it prior to the wd?

One of the most common symptoms is primal fear. A fear for everything. And every bad feeling there is possible comes with this. Being paranoid and having anxiety is also symptoms. 

IMO it is impossible to say what is what and even thinking about possible mental disorders, as it all can be just symptoms for stop taking this damn drug.

Peace..

I have had PTSD for a long time. I'm currently in my 6th month of tapering from clonazepam after 25 years on it. I must say that the taper has aggravated it a lot. Any symptom of PTSD gets enlarged for about 2 week after a reduction and at times I think I'm going insane. There is a real overlap in the symptoms of PTSD and benzo taper. However with this last reduction I'm slowing down the taper and staying at this level for about 6 weeks because since I got below 0.25mg  of a 0.5mg tab I am finding the symptoms stronger and longer lasting before I level off a bit    (still cr***y but less so). I am going a full month bow between reductions.  Cheers x 

• Like 1

[Br...]
On 09/04/2024 at 15:42, [[A...] said:

Hey fam! 

I have been tapering for around 1 year ( extremely high dose 75mgs diazapem) too 13.5 mgs in 1 year. I suffer PTSD and I’m highly anxious all the time. My body does not like to relax, I took some CBD oil (prescribed) and it worked amazingly. Is this the taper that’s always making me highly anxious and paranoid or could this be PTSD. What are your thoughts, I’m constantly on edge and have become a chain smoker. Could the taper be heightening my PTSD  

Hi @[An...] -  I'm sorry you're dealing with such difficult symptoms.  

I found this piece about PTSD and benzos on  Benzo Information Coalition website.  Here's a quote from it: 

It is clear that benzodiazepine use, rebound and withdrawal exacerbate both secondary and core symptoms in post traumatic stress disorder.

According to one source I've seen (I can't find it at the moment) individuals without a PTSD diagnosis may experience what's referred to as "PTSD symptoms" which may mimic PTSD, including intrusive thoughts, emotional numbness, avoidance of people/places/activities, insomnia, difficulty concentrating, jumpiness, being quick to anger, a constant feeling of being on-guard.

I'm glad the CBD oil is helping you.

[An...]
On 12/04/2024 at 03:32, [[P...] said:

Peace..

Hey, yes I agree with you, every cut my ptsd gets worse. I was off Benzos for 1 year pre a traumatic event, and was taking around 75mgs of diazapem to numb. Now I am on 13.5 mgs. As I go lower my ptsd and paranoia and anxiety is getting worse: no appetite 

[An...]
On 12/04/2024 at 08:22, [[B...] said:

Hi @[An...] -  I'm sorry you're dealing with such difficult symptoms.  

I found this piece about PTSD and benzos on  Benzo Information Coalition website.  Here's a quote from it: 

It is clear that benzodiazepine use, rebound and withdrawal exacerbate both secondary and core symptoms in post traumatic stress disorder.

According to one source I've seen (I can't find it at the moment) individuals without a PTSD diagnosis may experience what's referred to as "PTSD symptoms" which may mimic PTSD, including intrusive thoughts, emotional numbness, avoidance of people/places/activities, insomnia, difficulty concentrating, jumpiness, being quick to anger, a constant feeling of being on-guard.

I'm glad the CBD oil is helping you.

I have all of this !! 

[PE...]
3 hours ago, [[A...] said:

Hey, yes I agree with you, every cut my ptsd gets worse. I was off Benzos for 1 year pre a traumatic event, and was taking around 75mgs of diazapem to numb. Now I am on 13.5 mgs. As I go lower my ptsd and paranoia and anxiety is getting worse: no appetite 

Oh yeah that's a classic! Many loose weight during this.. 

I took it for insomnia and that got much worse, off course! During the taper and withdrawal. I need lots of sleep regularly. Like 10 hours every day. Now it's down to 5 hours. 

[An...]
8 hours ago, [[P...] said:

Oh yeah that's a classic! Many loose weight during this.. 

I took it for insomnia and that got much worse, off course! During the taper and withdrawal. I need lots of sleep regularly. Like 10 hours every day. Now it's down to 5 hours. 

Are you currently still tapering ? Days I get 0 

[PE...]
34 minutes ago, [[A...] said:

Are you currently still tapering ? Days I get 0 

Hi. No I'm 6 months off

[lo...]

First time I tried CBD was even before Benzo. After large dose I've got first real panic attack in my life (and I've been through a lot - 2 x PTSD, cancer diagnosis, alco-violence-family, and so on...). There is something I could recommend You to try. This is pure CBD in low doses, and I mean pure -, no little amount of THC, and literally no other cannabinoids in the liquid. Now I'm on only 10 mg twice a day, and low doses doesn't calm me, but makes my thoughts "clearer. Nevertheless I am the real example that huge doses of CBD, and other  cannabinoids "per se" (f.e; CBG, CBGA etc.) can make you extremely anxious. It's all depend on Your CNS, mine was wrecked before Benzo, now it is a dancing machine from hell :D , well that's the life! 

Wish You well!

RA