Important Survey - Please Participate ×

When should I jump off klonopin?

[Co...]
13 hours ago, [[T...] said:

I still haven’t jumped but held at .010 waiting for an opportune window of time. My provider also recommended a medication to help with possible withdrawals so I may follow up on that. If anyone has advice on a medication to help with possible withdrawals I’d appreciate it. 

As a matter of interest, which medication?

[Ta...]
12 hours ago, [[C...] said:

As a matter of interest, which medication?

I think it was propranol but I’m sure. In any event, I’m on day 2 without so I may just call that a jump. 

[...]

Colin.  I just started with .1mg scale a couple days ago so need more time to see what effect it has.  Had delivery issues and then a little time to get familiar with its operation.  I was unaware that there can be an active ingredient spoilage issue so I will only crush enough to load 2 weeks of capsules.  Titration is not an option for me since my back surgery is 6/11 and having a tough time bringing my own capsules. They recently just approved them.  I will let you know how my symptoms are in about a week.  After attempting ct for 10 days I reinstated on 4/1 (.124 mg), cut to (.115) on 4/15, cut to (.105) on 4/21, cut to (.097) on 4/28.  In addition started .1 mg scale with this last cut.  So thats about a 25% cut in about a month. Probably too aggressive and I have been paying the price.  Going to stop cutting at about 3 weeks out from surgery. Thanks for your response. 

[...]

Thought that in the benzo context titration meant liquid dosing.  Thanks for the clarification. 

• Like 1

[Li...]

It’s been a while since we’ve heard from you @[...].  I hope this means you are doing well!

Thanks for checking up.  I am at .088mg per day.  Have been mostly palpitations and shortness of breath in morning.  Goes away in an hour or two. Some chills as well. Pretty good through day and evening until bedtime.  Sleep is tough but maybe improving.  Seems as one symptom eases another pops up.  Started having sharp jaw pain about a week or two ago.  Has not occurred for about two days.  In general I think a bit of improvement.  Maybe its just a bit of window. Idk?  Skin issues continue ( itching, some kind of rash and arm and leg skin sagging …weird). So I will try to cut one or two more times and hold 2-3 wks out from 6/11 surgery. Note:  Using .1mg scale.  Also cut sugar, most dairy and gluten from diet. 

• Like 1

[Li...]

The fact that you’re feeling pretty good during the day and evening is fantastic news,  @[...] — thank you so much for sharing it with us!  Benzo withdrawal symptoms are like playing Whack-a-Mole … when one disappears, another one pops up.