Urgent Advice Sought: Managing Recent Clonazepam Use Amid Long-Term Medication Challenges

[he...]

I use Benzos for years and I am on Valium after a cross-tapering from Xanax. I am more than 4 years on Valium and after some updoses I currently take 12.5 mg. I also take 100 mg of Luvox and 200mg of pregabalin. I am facing chronic sensory overload. 

Recently, I tried 0.2 mg of clonazepam, finding short-lived relief but ultimately exacerbating my symptoms. After a complicated attempt to switch from Valium to clonazepam, which included varying doses over a 21-day period, I reverted to Valium alone. After two months without clonazepan, a single 0.25 mg dose I took yesterday led to intense sensory sensitivity and distress. Now, I'm uncertain about incorporating clonazepam into my regimen due to its immediate impact and potential long-term consequences. 

Seeking guidance on how to proceed with clonazepam and manage my symptoms. I suspect I may be experiencing kindling and I do not know if it is better to continue without clonazepam, or to incorporate it in my medication. It’s past time for me to take my meds and I don’t know what I should be taking.

[Bu...]

Hello @[he...],

I'm sorry you're in such a confusing situation.  It sounds like the Clonazepam just may not work for you.  Do you have a doctor currently overseeing your care?  Does he/she have any thoughts about this?

About Kindling, my understanding is that it happens when a person is completely off all benzos for a significant amount of time and then they start taking one again.  So, if you've been on Vallium, Xanax and Clonazepam without a long break without any of them, I don't think you have to worry about kindling.  Here is some information about it though that might help:  https://www.benzoinfo.com/kindling/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...