Radio Canada's Prescription Nightmare Now Available in ENGLISH!

[...]

Great news! Radio Canada's Prescription Nightmare, which features our new medical director Nicole Lamberson, PA, is now available in English! Check it out and let us know what you think! 

Edited by [...]
  • Like 4

[Ka...]

Thank you BIC. A hard watch. Usual case of people being prescribed benzos without informed consent, doctors not recognising WD & casual approach to letting scripts run recklessly. The hard bit is how this deeply affects functioning, work/career paths & subsequent sense of loss & loss itself. Pierre stands out for me. Nicole too. Why there isn’t a way of limiting benzo use to 2/4 weeks after this many decades is unbelievable. 

• Like 3

[or...]

I haven't watched it but this a.m. I woke up with regrets again.  The main thing is how in the world I got to be 71 and basically nothing to show for it.  One thing I believe, now, is that things would have been different in a good way had I not had my brain so influenced by a drug.

I don't bother placing the blame on others much, even though I know the big pharma, a doctors will have to face up to their outstanding part in making our lives worse.  I don't own what isn't mine to own, or take other's blame on myself, well, most of the time I don't.  I have my hands full dealing with my own stuff.

The real bright-spot in my life today is that I can come here every morning and I don't have to face all this alone. Sometimes I can get so ornery, and cantankerous I won't stay around people anywhere, and thank God (if there is one) for protecting them, and me both. 

When I see folks here holding down jobs, and working on themselves to keep their families together, I have such great honor towards them, and grateful for them still being here to help others.

• Like 4

[He...]

It really scared me watching the video and made me feel that i may never hold out this hell

[Ka...]
6 minutes ago, [[H...] said:

It really scared me watching the video and made me feel that i may never hold out this hell

I know. It is hard. It raises awareness of the prescribing/deprescribing situation. Peer support is so valuable & via information gained/sharing our journey it gives us empowerment to move forward. Take care