Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Difference between Normal emotions & Benzo induced emotions

[Ya...]

[Ya...]

I'm just trying to wrap my head around the difference between what we are experiencing , it helps me while going through the emotional roller coaster to know that this is not my baseline and this is not the normal emotional spectrum people go through on a daily basis. This distinction helps me not fight it and TRY and TRY to resolve it and accept the tide till it settles 

(1)

Normal emotions - Responds to talking yourself out of it , as once you self talk positive emotions may come and override negative feelings causing a sense of mental empowerment .

Benzo emotions- Does not respond to self talk very well, on the contrary sometimes self talk produces more anxiety provoking thoughts due to the intense gloom and doom and heightened anxiety that is sitting all day as the main lens we see things through. 

(2) 

Normal emotions- Increase and decrease and fade and intensify and feels more situation specific or thought specific or memory specific 

Benzo emotions - Knows only 3 emotions that seem to stick regardless of situations Fear, Sadness & Anger. They are Cortisol specific and not situational . When Cortisol is intensively high as in mornings , these emotions that are sitting outside  open the door and enter without an invitation and overtake our minds regardless of what we are doing or thinking. They provoke the stories that keep coming up like popcorn causing more distress. State drives stories 

(3) 

Normal emotions- Triggered by situations and sometimes hormonal changes 

Benzo emotions - Not triggered , it's already there in the background all the time but explodes to sky rocketing intensities when we wakeup, eat, think, change, read horror comments, drink , get hot or cold, meet people , stay home etc. It responds to the minimal chemical change happening in the body. Like a radar waiting to detect any ant size movement and boom neuro benzo emotions come raging    

(4) 

Normal emotions - Can be categorised into colors and moods 

Benzo emotions- Categorised or mimicks disorders that are explained in DSM IV (Diagnostic manual) such as MDD (Major depressive disorder), GAD (Generalsied anxiety disorder), PD (Panic disorder),  PTSD (Post traumatic stress disorder), BPD (Bipolar personality disorder),  etc  it's not true though that we may be labelled with all that, we know it's recovery and temporary but they do mimick descriptions of mental health disorders. Don't let any one diagnose you .  

(5) 

Normal emotions - Responds much faster to brain retraining programs , hypnosis , yoga , mindfulness etc 

Benzo emotions- To some extent it does and it doesn't, since it's psiological so it depends more on how my body is healing and reshaping my internal neurochemistry after the storm of withdrawals messed everything up. Once in recovery or close to recovery they become responsive to other programs .

(6) 

Normal emotions - Can access all different Dose chemicals (Dopamine , Oxytocin , Serotonin and Endorphin) when needed with simple acts and activities. 

Benzo emotions - You can access the Dose emotions only when in windows, moments or reprieve when Cortisol decrease or when recovered , otherwise I don't feel any good feelings, just struggling to manage the array of bad feelings and distract myself as much as I can

Please do let me know if I'm making any sense or whether this is helpful and what other differences have you noticed . 

I feel this helps when I get anxious thoughts like (1) Maybe this is my new norm (2) Maybe this is not a wave and that's me (3) Maybe it's my original issues popping back (4) Maybe I'm the long hauler that developed all these new disorders 

Please note that I'm not saying we don't try to deal with them like how we deal w Normal emotions but knowing the difference helps to accept the situation we are in that is TEMPORARY and thus not get retriggered when we fail to manage them. They eventually will subside as we heal God willing.  

Edited by [Ya...]
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

[Ya...]
20 hours ago, [[o...] said:

hi Yazz,

maybe this article, written by a person on this forum, will help you out in understanding.  I know it worked, and still works wonders for me to re-read it.  It's long but worth the read imo, oregonlady

"What is happening in your brain" by Parker

Thank u v much , I read this article long time ago and always refer to it when I'm trying to make sense ;)

• Like 1

[or...]
4 hours ago, [[Y...] said:

Thank u v much , I read this article long time ago and always refer to it when I'm trying to make sense ;)

That's so great you found it as well :) oregonlady/Denise :balloon:

[Be...]

It makes perfect sense. Don’t doubt it. Thankyou. Was uplifting reading it. 

[Ya...]
4 hours ago, [[B...] said:

It makes perfect sense. Don’t doubt it. Thankyou. Was uplifting reading it. 

Thank you , I'm glad I made any sense and welcome to BB , this is a safe place to vent and research 

[wi...]
On 02/04/2024 at 06:00, [[Y...] said:

I'm just trying to wrap my head around the difference between what we are experiencing , it helps me while going through the emotional roller coaster to know that this is not my baseline and this is not the normal emotional spectrum people go through on a daily basis. This distinction helps me not fight it and TRY and TRY to resolve it and accept the tide till it settles 

(1)

Normal emotions - Responds to talking yourself out of it , as once you self talk positive emotions may come and override negative feelings causing a sense of mental empowerment .

Benzo emotions- Does not respond to self talk very well, on the contrary sometimes self talk produces more anxiety provoking thoughts due to the intense gloom and doom and heightened anxiety that is sitting all day as the main lens we see things through. 

(2) 

Normal emotions- Increase and decrease and fade and intensify and feels more situation specific or thought specific or memory specific 

Benzo emotions - Knows only 3 emotions that seem to stick regardless of situations Fear, Sadness & Anger. They are Cortisol specific and not situational . When Cortisol is intensively high as in mornings , these emotions that are sitting outside  open the door and enter without an invitation and overtake our minds regardless of what we are doing or thinking. They provoke the stories that keep coming up like popcorn causing more distress. State drives stories 

(3) 

Normal emotions- Triggered by situations and sometimes hormonal changes 

Benzo emotions - Not triggered , it's already there in the background all the time but explodes to sky rocketing intensities when we wakeup, eat, think, change, read horror comments, drink , get hot or cold, meet people , stay home etc. It responds to the minimal chemical change happening in the body. Like a radar waiting to detect any ant size movement and boom neuro benzo emotions come raging    

(4) 

Normal emotions - Can be categorised into colors and moods 

Benzo emotions- Categorised or mimicks disorders that are explained in DSM IV (Diagnostic manual) such as MDD (Major depressive disorder), GAD (Generalsied anxiety disorder), PD (Panic disorder),  PTSD (Post traumatic stress disorder), BPD (Bipolar personality disorder),  etc  it's not true though that we may be labelled with all that, we know it's recovery and temporary but they do mimick descriptions of mental health disorders. Don't let any one diagnose you .  

(5) 

Normal emotions - Responds much faster to brain retraining programs , hypnosis , yoga , mindfulness etc 

Benzo emotions- To some extent it does and it doesn't, since it's psiological so it depends more on how my body is healing and reshaping my internal neurochemistry after the storm of withdrawals messed everything up. Once in recovery or close to recovery they become responsive to other programs .

(6) 

Normal emotions - Can access all different Dose chemicals (Dopamine , Oxytocin , Serotonin and Endorphin) when needed with simple acts and activities. 

Benzo emotions - You can access the Dose emotions only when in windows, moments or reprieve when Cortisol decrease or when recovered , otherwise I don't feel any good feelings, just struggling to manage the array of bad feelings and distract myself as much as I can

Please do let me know if I'm making any sense or whether this is helpful and what other differences have you noticed . 

I feel this helps when I get anxious thoughts like (1) Maybe this is my new norm (2) Maybe this is not a wave and that's me (3) Maybe it's my original issues popping back (4) Maybe I'm the long hauler that developed all these new disorders 

Please note that I'm not saying we don't try to deal with them like how we deal w Normal emotions but knowing the difference helps to accept the situation we are in that is TEMPORARY and thus not get retriggered when we fail to manage them. They eventually will subside as we heal God willing.  

This is brilliant. You nailed it. Thank you for giving me some peace ❤️