Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

A bit scared of new dose wd sxs

[Ad...]

@[or...]  You do NOT look like Yoda! You're a pretty lady and look much younger than your age. But sometimes it is good to have a good cry. Great stress reliever. And since I literally could not cry about anything for the 22 years I've been on benzos, I welcome it now when I can! But...I sure hope the dosage thing starts to make sense. I'm the same way. The mgs and the grams on the scale are so confusing. I'm trying to just stick with the grams.  I made a chart, multiplying the weight of my one milligram K tablet (averaged by weighing ten and dividing by 10) by .95 to get a 5% reduction, and then multiplying that result by .95, and on and on. I had already started tapering using a razor blade, so when I got the scale I weighed one I was using and found its weight on my chart and started there. I hope this helps. If you wanted to do a 2% reduction you could just multiply by .98 to get the right weight in grams. Write that down and do it again and again. I extended mine out until it's pretty much nothing but a miniscule bit of powder. I don't think it's going to be possible to weigh that, but I'm just taking one week at a time. I'm just a bit below half a tablet now. My brand isn't Teva like yours so I'm not gonna confuse you with how much mine weigh!  Hugs!:hug:

Edited by [Ad...]
typo
  • Love 1

[or...]

good for you Adella!!  Below halfway there!  I'll look at your numbers again and see which formula will work the easiest for me.  I keep thinking I need to order a new scale, then I get up and do a dose and works fine, until the next time it doesn't, LOL!!  big hugs, oregonlady :hug: PS took care of the problem I was having with how I look. I just got a paperbag to put over my head when I go out of the apartment :2funny: don't think I wasn't actually tempted :)  My mom was a crazy lady, everyone loved her though, and she actually walked downtown, teenie town in Oregon, wearing a lampshade over her head.  I still can't believe she did it, I think on a dare ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1