Hair falling out! Anyone else?

[Ha...]

Hi all, 

I started tapering off Ativan in April 2022. I'm at the end of it now and my hair has thinned out so much that

I have bald patches where my scalp is showing, I'm female and my older sisters all have full heads of hair.

This isn't just "aging" thinning hair either. This all started to happen 1/2 through my taper at a rapid pace. Has anyone

else experienced hair loss during / after tapering? I read somewhere that hair loss was a common symptom of benzo W/D.  

Just curious.

[Ma...]

Almost everyone, well, a lot-myself included.

It will grow back so don’t fret too much over this!

• Like 3

[Ha...]
10 hours ago, [[M...] said:

Almost everyone, well, a lot-myself included.

It will grow back so don’t fret too much over this!

Thank you for your reply. I hope it does!

[Bu...]

Oh, yes! I'm really bothered by this but I have many other wd related problems. Guess I need perspective.

[Ha...]
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, [[B...] said:

Oh, yes! I'm really bothered by this but I have many other wd related problems. Guess I need perspective.

I have every other hellish withdrawal symptom as well that you can't see. I suppose I'm just vain. 

Edited by [Ha...]

[Th...]

Yes! I am female as well, during benzo use I lost a LOT of hair, my hair was always very thick. I had to start doing the "comb over" to hide my hideous bald head! Since tapering and being completely off benzos, my hair is starting to come back now! I can finally go out in public without feeling like everyone is staring at my bald spots. :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...
[NO...]
On 27/03/2024 at 14:52, [[T...] said:

Yes! I am female as well, during benzo use I lost a LOT of hair, my hair was always very thick. I had to start doing the "comb over" to hide my hideous bald head! Since tapering and being completely off benzos, my hair is starting to come back now! I can finally go out in public without feeling like everyone is staring at my bald spots. :laugh:

Hey, when did you notice your hair fall stopping and how many months after did you start noticing the hair growing back in?

• Like 1

[Th...]
4 hours ago, [[N...] said:

Hey, when did you notice your hair fall stopping and how many months after did you start noticing the hair growing back in?

I noticed during my taper that less hair was in the drain, less in my hair brush. Maybe a few months into my taper? The more I tapered, the less hair fell out. By the time I was done and jumped, very little if any was falling out. (I tapered about 1 year) At about the beginning of the second month post jump, I could tell my hair was thickening, my bald spots were less noticeable. Im at 4 months post jump now and the top of my head is much thicker, still not full like it was but WAY better than it was during benzo use! Best wishes with your hair!

• Like 1