Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Medical Support-Finally

[kn...]

[kn...]

I posted recently that I have had quite the run in with the health community where I am a patient.  Historically, I was with a psychiatrist that I had to 'fire' and go through considerable administrative scrutiny in order to be approved for another prescriber. In his final visit eval, he put some pretty despicable things in my file (yes, everyone should go through their's) that did the job of black listing me.   My next provider was wonderful, but left in late January of this year.  He gave no reason for his exit, but I suspected it was due to the archaic practices in the clinic and overbearing administrative control.  I've been on my own for two months now, trying to get a new prescription before running out of 2mg diazepam to complete my taper.  I started at 60mgs and had worked my way down to two.  I had to up dose in early Feb. '24 (to 4mg) as I had not stabilized for five months.  In the process, I was shocked to find out that my Rx had been cancelled and my request for the oral solution completely denied.  I was told that since I was taking too many pills that I was medically non compliant and a 'drug seeker' (WT...!)   Impulse control is not one of my best qualities and I proceeded to make an appt. with my primary care provider.  When I went to that I was informed that my medical record revealed that I was in the act of Dr. shopping and engaged in an illegal activity in my US state.  With no Rx, very l few pills left and my anxiety disorder flushed down the sewer, I plead my case to my therapist there at the same agency.  She has always been supportive and empathetic.  She's also been there for 27 years.  When I left, I was still distraught, but she walked me out and said,  "I'll take care of this".  And, boy did she ever.  It was like the old fashioned war movies where the calvary comes riding over the hill just in the nick of time.  Today I received an apology phone call  from the director of the health agency for the actions of the behavioral health staff, a promise of my Rx and an appt. with a psych (who's patient list was full- I'd been told last week that there was zero chance of me ever getting in to see anyone until the new provider was installed).   Soooo... good news.  Not all of the medical community is out to get me.  

• Like 5