Important Survey - Please Participate ×

Earthquake!

[ns...]

[ns...]

just had an earthquake that i thougt was never going to stop lol, anxiety?

Well not too bad. I've been wondering how I'd do if we had one but I guess I'm doing OK. I hate earthquakes!

I have to get get in the shower though so there is where the test will be.

Being in the shower when there are expected earthquakes is no fun!

I guess I'm a little more comfortable when I'm with my husband just sitting during the shaker.

Sooo, getting on with the day, earthquake or not, anxiety or none I must take a shower 🤔 

Hmm, hopefully no earthquakes while I'm in there, I hate them!

Ns

:phone:

[Kr...]

I was living in my car and an earthquake hit. Thought I was going to die.

[ns...]
21 minutes ago, [[K...] said:

I was living in my car and an earthquake hit. Thought I was going to die.

Aww, I'm sure thar was fun uh?

I know they so unpredictable!

I've never been in a bad one, don't want to be. Some people actually like them, whatever!

I'm glad you're ok

This one want very big, but it lasted so long.

I still haven't gotten my shower lol, just kina hanging out, It's hars enough to shower without thinking an earthquakes going to hit but we can't live our lives like thar right!

The one thing I wont do,get in the shower when therebis lightning!

I've heard of people getting hit in the shower, on the toilet. It comes through the pipes and electrical outlets. Saw a photo of a toilet completely blown off the floor! Crazy stuff! Lol

But like I Said, can't live our lives worrying all the time, but we should always use common sense!

:hug:

[ns...]

Trying to figure out why everytime I log in and go to benzo withdrawal forum I get bumped off the site completely. Doesn't happen when I'm on this topic or taper topic but just the main one. I get emails from that topic but I get bumped as soon as I log in!

What the heck?

[Bu...]

I lived in Oklahoma for several years during a time when there was a lot of mining going on and we had earthquakes.  Not fun.  And of course tornadoes.  @[An...], is right, there is just no escaping.  Hope tomorrow is calmer, @[ns...].  :hug:

• Like 1

[Nu...]

Seems like it's something anywhere you're at. Earthquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes, tsunamis... Mother Nature rules!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

[ns...]
6 minutes ago, [[B...] said:

I lived in Oklahoma for several years during a time when there was a lot of mining going on and we had earthquakes.  Not fun.  And of course tornadoes.  @[An...], is right, there is just no escaping.  Hope tomorrow is calmer, @[ns...].  :hug:

Oh wow, we were thinking of moving to Oklahoma! Just a thought.  But I don't think I could stand living in a shelter cause that's probably where I'd stay!

We have friends there and hubby has Indian heritage and family there and really wants to know more about his heritage,  but I don't think we need to move there for that. Lol

Our friends have gotten used to the weather but says it's pretty scary sometimes. They moved from CA, a lot different from Oklahoma!

We're u afraid of the tornadoes and weather?

[ns...]
3 minutes ago, [[N...] said:

Seems like it's something anywhere you're at. Earthquakes, hurricanes, tornadoes, tsunamis... Mother Nature rules!

For sure! I dont even like snow lol, I'm such a big baby! I know it can't be spring all yr long but earthquakes and tornadoes are out for me! Anxiety is my middle name!

Ns

[Bu...]

@[ns...]

It really wasn't that bad.  And there were really good public warning systems in place.   A lot of people had those above ground shelters that they would install either in their garages or right outside, usually just off a back door.  It seemed to be a really good option.  It was a lot easier to access than the underground ones and supposed to be just as good.  We didn't have a shelter in our house, so we did spend some time sitting in the bathroom that was roughly in the center of the house.  But it was pretty rare that we needed to.  

And an upside to Oklahoma is that winter is about 6 weeks long, with rarely any snow (they do get some ice, though, but it melts fast).  There is a 10 month growing season and very little humidity.  And it has the most beautiful, clear, deep blue skies that you will ever see.  I mean, the color is just breathtakingly lovely.  So, it wouldn't be so bad if you moved there. 💙

[An...]
5 hours ago, [[N...] said:

Yep!  Exactly right.....

• Like 1

[Kh...]
13 hours ago, [[B...] said:

Fracking…think they quit it 

[em...]

I left the house for shopping and the earthquake started. I thought it was the end

[ns...]
On 07/03/2024 at 21:22, [[B...] said:

@[ns...]

It really wasn't that bad.  And there were really good public warning systems in place.   A lot of people had those above ground shelters that they would install either in their garages or right outside, usually just off a back door.  It seemed to be a really good option.  It was a lot easier to access than the underground ones and supposed to be just as good.  We didn't have a shelter in our house, so we did spend some time sitting in the bathroom that was roughly in the center of the house.  But it was pretty rare that we needed to.  

And an upside to Oklahoma is that winter is about 6 weeks long, with rarely any snow (they do get some ice, though, but it melts fast).  There is a 10 month growing season and very little humidity.  And it has the most beautiful, clear, deep blue skies that you will ever see.  I mean, the color is just breathtakingly lovely.  So, it wouldn't be so bad if you moved there. 💙

Thank you BurnTheShips, it didn't realize Oklahoma had such nice weather. Hmm, that's appealing. If we went I would definitely have to have an underground shelter, I couldn't do it without. The growing season sounds perfect. Would love to get back to growing a garden, chickens and cows ,and of course I'd have to have another horse. Although I'd be worried all the time that a tornadoe would hurt the animals! Idk, something to think about!

Hope you've been getting some sleep, I've been having a pretty rough one, about time to jump and finish my taper. Prayers please!

I just got this message, idk why I don't get them for days lately, but glad I saw this!

Ns

:smitten:

[ns...]
8 hours ago, [[e...] said:

I left the house for shopping and the earthquake started. I thought it was the end

Must have scared you! Haven't been thru a big one, dontbever want to either

:wacko: lol